Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2010, 10:52 AM

4,713 posts, read 9,705,896 times

Advertisements

Ok...I do not want to re-open the whole smoking ban debate (I think we all beat that one into the ground pretty well last year), but have a related question.

I was wondering if anyone here uses electronic cigarettes and, if so, have you run into any issues using them in bars or restaurants around Charlotte?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2010, 12:36 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,624,575 times
I've been wondering this myself. I have yet to see anyone actually using these things other than the carnival barker running the kiosk.

Old 07-13-2010, 02:03 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,537,449 times
Snus is a good alternative for helping smokers get by during non smoking situations.
Plus I am collecting the cans to turn them into art later.

I quit smoking a year ago today and find this to be a good alternative.
For those trying to quit it something to consider it is dip but since it is in a pouch
its spit less but you need to store in refrigerator or tobacco will dry out.

Its cheaper too good part of it last 30 minutes but Ill keep it in my mouth til the pouch starts
to dissolve. If you work in a cubicle get antsy because you cant smoke, something to consider.

to help reduce lip disease. ill bounce it around in my mouth and when in conversation
Ill store it on the side of my mouth.

Old 07-13-2010, 02:20 PM

4,713 posts, read 9,705,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Snus is a good alternative for helping smokers get by during non smoking situations.
I'm actually working on quitting, as opposed to getting by in non-smoking situations. My smoking is socially driven - I generally smoke more when I am out and about, having a few drinks, etc., than at home or at work. I also have no issues going for hours without a smoke if need be without "nic-fits". Its really more psychological and driven by the situation; basically - when I am out, I want to smoke.

The patches make me nauseous, the gum just doesn't do it for me and use of medication is a last resort in my book. With these e-cigs, you can control the level of nicotine use (like stepping down on the patches or gum) so I'm trying to use these to ween myself off of this nasty habit with something I can use in situations where I am actually prone to light up more often.

That said, I don't care about having to step outside or whatever to vape - but I was just curious if people have used (or seen people using these) indoors around here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte