Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2010, 07:44 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,537,449 times

Advertisements

Im heading to Forest City to have truck taken in for a quarterly tune up.

I thought it would be great to take the Kayak out after appt( I havent all year}

Where are recommendeded spots to kayak
they dont have to be on North Carolina side
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2010, 08:29 AM

23,814 posts, read 34,702,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Im heading to Forest City to have truck taken in for a quarterly tune up.

I thought it would be great to take the Kayak out after appt( I havent all year}

Where are recommendeded spots to kayak
they dont have to be on North Carolina side
How about Moss Lake, Sunny. Boating on Moss Lake, NC

Old 07-14-2010, 08:45 AM

Winner!

hehe you always have the best spots.

This is the place to check out. Ill pack the waterproof camera too.
This is my second trip to FC is there anything notable or historical
we should see. Thanks

Old 07-14-2010, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Winner!

hehe you always have the best spots.

This is the place to check out. Ill pack the waterproof camera too.
This is my second trip to FC is there anything notable or historical
we should see. Thanks
You're welcome Sunny. I saw something recently about an area near Boiling Springs, but don't have a clue about kayaking there. I thought that Moss Lake might work for you, as it would be on your way home.

When you get off 74 at the Moss Lake exit, you will be a stone's throw from the Kings Mountain Ingles. If you haven't gotten your ketchup flavored potato chips, bear right. (By the way, you'll be surprised by the size of the store.) The last time that I was in Ingles, Herr's potato chips were on sale & they had sold out of the ketchup. If they are out, I recommend pizza or dill.

ETA: I really don't know anything about Forest City, but downtown Shelby is nice.

Last edited by southbound_295; 07-14-2010 at 09:48 AM..

Old 07-14-2010, 11:54 AM

905 posts, read 3,455,646 times
Check out Lake Lure, it is in the NW part of Rutherford Co. and surrounded my mountains. Boat Permit Fees

Downtown Forest City is pretty. The Drug Store has a good lunch counter. If you like BBQ head W on Business 74 to Hickory Log BBQ. Here is a link to some attractions: http://rutherfordtourism.com/things_to_do//?c=5&s[124][]=Forest+City&s[124][]=Rutherfordton%2FUnion+Mills&s[124][]=Spindale&s[125][]=Agricultural&s[125][]=Arts+%26+Culture&s[125][]=Music%2FEntertainment&s[125][]=Museums&s[125][]=Nature%2FOutdoors&s[125][]=Parks&s[125][]=Scenic+Attractions&t=&x=90&y=8

Old 07-14-2010, 12:16 PM

We are probably only ones who dont like Lake Lure so if I do get picture of it will be rare.
Dont take this as offense just my opinion I dont mean no harm
Spoiler
Something I have learn from you those who have relocated from the states near Canada.
You speak the truth I like that. The lake was to family friendly and not the kind of family I want to be near....

Get my driff...

I am thinking about what Southboud but the proability is high for thunderstorms and looking at radar
doesnt matter with afternoon Garden Showers for those who are new to area Dont know.

Spoiler
We could reduce lightening deaths if you boat from the morning til about 2pm.

These storms appear out of nothing

Old 07-14-2010, 12:47 PM

Quote:
We are probably only ones who dont like Lake Lure so if I do get picture of it will be rare.
Spoiler
Something I have learn from you those who have relocated from the states near Canada.
You speak the truth I like that. The lake was to family friendly and not the kind of family I want to be near....

Get my driff...

I am thinking about what Southboud but the proability is high for thunderstorms and looking at radar
doesnt matter with afternoon Garden Showers for those who are new to area Dont know.

Spoiler
We could reduce lightening deaths if you boat from the morning til about 2pm.

These storms appear out of nothing
I found something on the place near Boiling Springs, Sunny. Broad River Greenway (http://www.broadrivergreenway.com/portal/Home/tabid/55/Default.aspx - broken link)

Old 07-14-2010, 02:48 PM

[quote=SunnyKayak;15037473]We are probably only ones who dont like Lake Lure so if I do get picture of it will be rare.(?)
[spoiler]Something I have learn from you those who have relocated from the states near Canada.

Get my driff...

No harm taken, except I really don't understand your response, it is kind of cryptic......So have you ever been to Lake Lure? Are you basing your opinion of Lake Lure from the quote: "The lake was to family friendly and not the kind of family I want to be near...."

Just curious.................

Old 07-14-2010, 02:59 PM

Yes we went there about two weeks ago; To many kids in the swimming area. The place was pack but dont let that deter anyone,
The cop told (Dont know why it wasnt a park worker except they where used to guide
you where to park.
TIP keep it in your family or it will defeat the objective:
Spoiler
If you get turn around Just turn around drive down to nearest pull off someone will leave.
Then the next time you go thru a spot will be open.

I thought this is a clever way to prevent traffic back up

Thanks

Old 07-14-2010, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Yes we went there about two weeks ago; To many kids in the swimming area. The place was pack but dont let that deter anyone,
The cop told (Dont know why it wasnt a park worker except they where used to guide
you where to park.
TIP keep it in your family or it will defeat the objective:
Spoiler
If you get turn around Just turn around drive down to nearest pull off someone will leave.
Then the next time you go thru a spot will be open.

I thought this is a clever way to prevent traffic back up

Thanks
Thanks, I understand now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte