Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 03:30 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumbollo View Post
Loves, I don't know anything about them, but my advice aside from what I have posted, is to assume they will use their etched stone to hit you in the head when you are not looking.
Thanks lumbollo - we are watching them like hawks and giving them a chance to compete with Suntrust.

The BBB gives them an "A" rating and we like that they don't require escrow (my hubby HATES it when other people hold on to our money, lol!!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2010, 03:52 PM

199 posts, read 204,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Lum, this is great advice

Anybody know anything about Olympic Mortgage Consultants out of Wilmington?

Supposedly, "Quotes that are etched in stone, never a penny more, no surprises at closing."

Olympic Mortgage is actually great to work with, and they have excellent rates. I've closed on two mortgages with them and have been very pleased. I just wish rates would come down just a tad more so I can refinance again with them!

Old 07-22-2010, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquatches View Post
Olympic Mortgage is actually great to work with, and they have excellent rates. I've closed on two mortgages with them and have been very pleased. I just wish rates would come down just a tad more so I can refinance again with them!

THANK YOU, THANK YOU!! This is so good to hear

We like Suntrust but that escrow requirement is making us rethink them. So far Olympic has been really easy to get info from, including the truth in lending that Lumbollo so wisely advised us all about

They are offering us 4.5%, Suntrust is offering 4.8%.

Old 07-22-2010, 03:57 PM

286 posts, read 1,045,226 times
I'm doing an FHA streamline refinance with Quicken Loans. 4.5% and 3K closing.

Old 07-22-2010, 04:00 PM

199 posts, read 204,626 times
Loves go with Olympic...Tripp is a good guy.

Old 07-22-2010, 09:11 PM

2,348 posts, read 3,461,335 times
I shot Olympic an email to see their rates.

Old 10-07-2010, 01:34 PM

Default Warning!!!!

Okay, here it is almost 3 months later and I have to shout this from the rooftops....

DO NOT USE OLYMPIC MORTGAGE.

I will not bore anyone with the horrible details but this group is the biggest bunch of amateurs that I have ever dealt with.

Their customer service reeks to high heaven and they have done nothing but waste our time.

If only you could sue people for bitchy attitudes and for stringing you along

Old 10-07-2010, 07:07 PM

2,348 posts, read 3,461,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Okay, here it is almost 3 months later and I have to shout this from the rooftops....

DO NOT USE OLYMPIC MORTGAGE.

I will not bore anyone with the horrible details but this group is the biggest bunch of amateurs that I have ever dealt with.

Their customer service reeks to high heaven and they have done nothing but waste our time.

If only you could sue people for bitchy attitudes and for stringing you along
Fortunately I never got VERY far in the process with them as I felt their customer service was very lacking and the response time would be a day or two. I needed someone that did it quicker and so they were dropped fairly quickly, as was another mortgage broker I had gotten a quote from. We ended up going with WR Starkey in Mooresville and they were always VERY responsive, usually within the hour and did a good job at explaining things. Their rates were spot on too and once we got ready to sign the amounts didn't change or balloon up. We were working on a huge time crunch and they came through. Definitely recommended.

Old 10-11-2010, 09:57 AM

370 posts, read 752,718 times
I just wanted to suggest Wyndham Capital Mortgage.

Also, I wanted to add our experience with B of A was vrey positive. Overall it was smooth with no surprises.

Old 10-11-2010, 12:20 PM

214 posts, read 399,112 times
1-800-NEW-CASH
Richard Tocado
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte