Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2010, 07:49 PM

7 posts, read 14,125 times

Advertisements

What do you know about these neighborhoods? (we want one with KIDS (very important), a pool, and I'd like a clubhouse or playground, too.

Waterside Landing off langtree road
Morrison Plantation
Harris Village
Cherry Grove

Commuting from Concord for work- but all of those are within 30 minutes. Looking to spend about $280.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2010, 10:14 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,920,209 times
These are all fine subdivisions. Looks like Waterside Landing homes start around $300K and go up. Cherry Grove , Harris Village and Morrison Plantation all fall into the range you're looking for.

If I was commuting to Concord, I'd look geographically at Harris Village and Cherry Grove. They are on the eastern side of M'ville and a little easier to head off towards Concord.

Good luck!

Old 07-24-2010, 10:19 PM

1,865 posts, read 5,380,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamasboys View Post
What do you know about these neighborhoods? (we want one with KIDS (very important), a pool, and I'd like a clubhouse or playground, too.

Morrison Plantation
Harris Village
Cherry Grove

Commuting from Concord for work- but all of those are within 30 minutes. Looking to spend about $280.
I live in Harris Village...very nice, established community by Niblock Homes. Last new home was built in 2007. Community pool. No clubhouse or playground, but there is a large common area near the pool that most of the kids play in. B-Ball hoop in the pool parking lot. Lots of kids in all age groups. EXCELLENT school system (MGSD), ranked 8th in the state (out of 115 school districts). The numbers for this past year look even better, it should finish up in rank in the top 3 (got this from Dr. Edwards, school supt.). Every student, 3rd grade & up has a laptop. HOA dues are $450 yrly. Currently, there are 6 homes for sale. Prices range from $199K (foreclosure) to $359K. 4 of the homes are priced below $300K & 1 was just reduced again to $280K. I've been here 4 yrs & love it!

Commuting to Concord from HV is easy via Hwy 3. Hwy 3 to Odell School Rd will take you right to the Concord Airport/Concord Mills Mall area, about 20 mins without traffic. You can also get Poplar Tent Rd from OS Rd into Concord & I-85. It takes my DH about 30 mins to get to the IBM complex off of I-85/Harris Blvd/University area in the morning.

Hope this helps!

Old 07-25-2010, 08:38 PM

Cherry Grove is another lovely community out on Hwy 150-east. What I know about CG is that there was 3 builers in that community, DR Horton, St. Lawrence & Ryan, it have about 360 homes in it. They do have a community pool & playground area by the main entrance. BIG homes. Also inthe MGSD. Don't know much else.

Old 07-26-2010, 10:47 AM

1 posts, read 4,002 times
I agree with the comments made about Cherry Grove and Harris Village. I am a real estate agent in the area as well and would be glad to send you emails of the listings in those two subdivisions if that would help.

Old 07-26-2010, 11:09 AM

224 posts, read 458,399 times
Quote:

Morrison Plantation
Harris Village
Cherry Grove

Hi Mamasboys!

Waterside Landing is a nice lake access community with a community pool.
A few of the homes are on the lake and several have deeded boatslips. However, that makes it difficult to find a home in the 280 price range
(unless there was a foreclosure.) I live right near that neighborhood.
You might want to consider looking in Bridgeport, if you want a lake access community that would get you closer to your price point.
It is a little older than Waterside, but right next door.

Morrison Plantation is a large community that also has a community pool and many people like it because of the schools and proximity to shopping and dining. However, it will be a challenging 30 minute work commute to Concord because it is on the west side of I77. These two communities would be Iredell-Statesville Schools

I agree with the other posters above regarding Cherry Grove and Harris Village. Both have homes in your requested price point. Cherry Grove is a larger community and has a nice amenity area right at the front entrance.

Harris Village is a smaller community and is actually the closest for you to travel to the Concord area for a work commute. Both of these communities would attend the Mooresville Graded School District.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to further assist.

Kathy

Old 07-26-2010, 08:15 PM

BTW....there is a much smaller community next door to Harris Village called Harris Crossing that offers new construction & some spec homes on very small lots. True Homes is the builder. They do not have any ammenities. Just an FYI.

Old 08-08-2010, 04:50 PM

1 posts, read 3,905 times
Quote:

Morrison Plantation
Harris Village
Cherry Grove

I would go for Harris Village or Cherry Grove because there is tones of kids in each one both have pools and playgrounds and they both have grate schools both of them are in the Mooresville Grade school district its a great school because they have good kids and great teachers and they have laptops there for the kids. The reason i would not go to any houses in lake norman is because the school are not as great as Mooresville school i have a few friends that go there and they all hate it there. So i would 100% go with cheery Grove or Harris Village. Hope this helped
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte