Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 02:19 PM

33 posts, read 101,933 times

Advertisements

Hello Everyone!

I would like to know if you all have any experience with any local wedding planners here in Charlotte!!!

Does anyone know of any unique venues for a wedding (that's a reasonable price)?

How about any bakeries with cakes like they show on WEtv?! (You know, the fabulous ones with the fondant- very classy looking)?

Have you, or someone you know, taken engagement pics at a place with beautiful scenery? Or do you know of a fabulous photographer?

Did you find a beautiful Wedding dress, or recommend a shop or boutique?

We've started doing research, but would just like to hear a few personal opinions and/or recommendations. Every website can make you think "you're working with the best", but I am a firm believer in word-of-mouth advertisement. Maybe this post can help more brides/grooms-to-be with their wedding adventures!

Okay everyone, enjoy your morning, afternoon, or evening! Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2010, 06:26 PM

371 posts, read 1,102,537 times
Hey! We got married last year. I can recommend who we used. PM me if you need any contact information.

What part of town are you wanting to get married in?

Our wedding cake was by Barbara Pedwell from "From This Day Forward" and it was AMAZING! So was our groom's cake. I gave her a picture of a turtle and she replicated it in 3D. She also does floral, we did not use her for that, but wish we had.

Highly recommend Whitney Photography.

Not everyone is a fan, but I went to David's Bridal @ Northlake. If you go that route, ask for Whitney. She's the best! Remembered me every time I had to go back in for something.

A family friend was our planner, so I can't help you out there :-/.

Old 07-26-2010, 09:30 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,626,353 times
Wedding Dresses - Wedding Engagement - Wedding Ideas - Wedding Planning - By TheKnot.com is a great place to look for info on Charlotte weddings.

Old 07-26-2010, 02:25 PM

314 posts, read 676,219 times
I too have started looking into planning my wedding so congrats!!!

For reception venues I have checked out River Run, The Peninsula Club, Peninsula Yacht Club and the Embassy Suites in Concord. My favorites were River Run and the Peninsula Club. You can do the ceremony there too but we are having a church wedding. The have wedding coordinators that will help you with suggestions and recommend vendors. River Run has a pastry chef so you can have them do your cake if you want and include it in your food cost.

I haven't checked out any other vendors yet but my friend got married last year and for flowers she recommended Party Blooms www.partyblooms.com

DJ: All the right grooves therightgrooves.com

Photographer: Cheyenne and Geoff Schultz (http://www.lovetheschultzes.com/blog/)

Cake: Lisa McRae, Elizabethan Delights. www.elizabethandelights.com

Definitely check out the Knot....it's an awesome website!

Keep on sharing people! I'd like to hear from more people who have done this already and can give rec's based on experience too!

Old 07-26-2010, 08:51 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,706,106 times
Maybe these will help. There's a lot more if you search the board.

//www.city-data.com/forum/charl...ggestions.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/charl...g-planner.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/charl...ns-needed.html

Old 07-27-2010, 06:42 AM

4,713 posts, read 9,706,584 times
On the topic of weddings...I always see the announcements in the paper every Sunday (don't read them, but I do flip by them) but have a question: Why do some announcements only have a picture of the bride instead of the couple?

Old 07-27-2010, 09:16 PM

33 posts, read 101,933 times
Great suggestions! No idea which part of town, it doesn't really matter- as long as it's nice! MA2NC, yes the Peninsula venue is nice. I've researched that as well.
I don't know if you were interested in nice engagement photo scenery, but Carrigan Farms in Mooresville is looking pretty nice! Look it up. They do weddings there as well, but I'd like something more elegant for a reception and/or wedding. Also, look into the Daniel Stowe Botanical Gardens- that is a beautiful place as well!

SO MANY OPTIONS :-)

Keep the ideas coming, this is great!

Old 08-20-2010, 02:21 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,541,472 times
New Poster:
Spoiler
Recommendations
are allowed for posters that have at least 10 posts.

One cannot recommend himself/herself. The only area where recommendations are not permitted is real estate, however general responses, such as "we have many helpful and knowledgeable real estate agents on this forum - just DM them" are fine.

Old 08-20-2010, 02:36 PM

1,350 posts, read 3,785,009 times
Nice place, not sure how expensive
Welcome to Vesuvius Vineyards • 6173 Vesuvius Furnace Road • Iron Station, NC 28080

Old 08-20-2010, 02:37 PM

1,554 posts, read 3,370,004 times
The msot beautiful wedding I've been to in Charlotte was at the Van Landingham Estate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte