Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 05:35 AM

1,139 posts, read 2,363,269 times

Advertisements

Does anyone think that this trip is worth it. I have been to one like this in VA and it was pretty good. Any feedback would be good.

http://www.lazy5ranch.com/rates-hours.htm (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2010, 06:04 AM

847 posts, read 1,352,615 times
My parents came down on 4th of July weekend and we took them along with my 4 year old daughter. It was just OK for me but my little one had a ton of fun. If you go, take the wagon ride!

To me, they didn't have as many different animals that I thought they would have.

Old 08-03-2010, 06:23 AM

371 posts, read 1,102,801 times
Personally we love it, especially for the price. It's also only 20 minutes from our house which helps. If you do go....go as early as possible and make a reservation. That way it will be cooler and the animals will be hungry. DO NOT take your own car through...it will get scratched. If you can wait, go in the fall when it's a little cooler.

Old 08-03-2010, 07:05 AM

1,350 posts, read 3,785,990 times
I have not been yet but have heard very good things about it.

Old 08-03-2010, 07:58 AM

50 posts, read 126,080 times
We go every year during Christmas break, when its cooler. My kids are middle/high school age and actually love it. We bring our own car since its got some scratches anyway. Its not like it gets all dinged up but the animals come right to the car and some literally stick their heads in the windows and horns and antlers can scratch. We have some hilarious pictures of various animal heads inside our car including a zebra and a bison. We have been three times and only have one scratch we know is from there (some sort of big horned sheep). On a five year old SUV that seems to get a new door ding each time we go to Harris Teeter, it was not a big deal. You can buy feed buckets as you enter but hold on tight, they will steal the bucket right out of your hands. Little ones will need help hanging on to their buckets. One of the advantages of being in the wagon is that you get closer to the giraffes I believe, but we love driving it ourselves. There is also a walk around area where there are kangaroos, a camel, some goats etc.

Old 08-03-2010, 08:18 AM

3,115 posts, read 7,140,345 times
I think it's worth it. We took my brother-in-law and his kids and we all enjoyed ourselves. Great tip about not taking your own car - I never thought of that! Bro-in-law had a rental minivan, so we all piled into that.

Old 08-03-2010, 09:26 AM

224 posts, read 458,538 times
I have sent a lot of my relocating customers there for something different to do for a day and have never had a bad report back. Most everyone enjoyed it immensely, especially those with little ones.
Do be careful with the food, however as the animals can be a little agressive in their haste to be fed and it can scare the little ones. The wagon ride is fun, and keep in mind at Christmas time, you may want to revisit as they put on a "live" nativity scene. Have fun!

Old 08-03-2010, 04:11 PM

1,139 posts, read 2,363,269 times
Thanks. Well I went today and enjoyed myself and so did the kiddos, 15 and 3. It was like the one we had in VA. One animal was to small so it jumped up on front legs onto the car. I do not mind scratches, just a acr to me. I plan on going back for Christmas. While we were there we even had a nature lesson, the tortoises were mating and there was a group of youngsters from a YMCA and it was funny watching their reactions. The trip and price were both worth it. I will go back!!!

Old 08-04-2010, 06:06 AM

224 posts, read 458,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajanqueen View Post
Thanks. Well I went today and enjoyed myself and so did the kiddos, 15 and 3. It was like the one we had in VA. One animal was to small so it jumped up on front legs onto the car. I do not mind scratches, just a acr to me. I plan on going back for Christmas. While we were there we even had a nature lesson, the tortoises were mating and there was a group of youngsters from a YMCA and it was funny watching their reactions. The trip and price were both worth it. I will go back!!!

Old 08-04-2010, 06:12 AM

1,513 posts, read 3,363,229 times
We went last Christmas break and the kids loved it! We went in the wagon and thought it gave us more access to the animals. Plus it was muddy and we did not get our car all dirty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: