Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 10:43 PM
am2 am2 started this thread

413 posts, read 856,437 times

Advertisements

I keep hearing about this pizza chain called mellow mushroom. Whats so special about it? I mean seriously, what do the have that Libretto's, Hungry Howie's, Tory's, Mario's, Fuel pizza and the other local parlors dont? The name sounds like a place to get some really good drugs, not pizza.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2010, 11:04 PM

624 posts, read 2,108,507 times
Their pizza dough, fresh ingredients and always a nice beer selection.

Also, since it was once in Charlotte, then closed and left for awhile some people have been missing it.

Plus every time someone has a question about Mellow Mushroom we start a new thread, so it just gets natural hype.

Mellow Mushroom back in Charlotte!
did mellow mushroom open???
Mellow Mushroom in Myers Park?
Who For Charlotte To Get A Mellow Mushroom?
Whats all this hype about mellow mushroom?

Last edited by MysteryMT; 09-24-2010 at 11:26 PM..

Old 09-25-2010, 08:19 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,715,345 times
A slice of pizza means two days in the gym. I avoid it religiously. But if it were MM, I'll make an exception. They're that good.

Old 09-25-2010, 08:26 AM

1,346 posts, read 3,075,451 times
There is something about that pizza...it is so fresh and good. Also if you have never tried the Tempeh sandwich it is to die for.

Old 09-25-2010, 08:32 AM

124 posts, read 326,535 times
I'm going to stick my neck out here, because lots of people who consider MM pizza beyond delicious, but... I kinda think it's overblown hype too. I've never understood the craze here in Raleigh-Durham. We have (at least) 3 locations -- downtown Raleigh, at the Durham Bulls ballpark, and now in Wake Forest. The atmosphere at the downtown restaurant in Raleigh is fun and different, so I appreciate that, but I wouldn't go out of my way to get the pizza. It's unique but not awesome -- if you like lots of cheese and dough, it's probably considered pretty good.

OK, I know I will get flamed now...

Old 09-25-2010, 09:29 AM

689 posts, read 1,656,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meadowNC View Post
I'm going to stick my neck out here, because lots of people who consider MM pizza beyond delicious, but... I kinda think it's overblown hype too. I've never understood the craze here in Raleigh-Durham. We have (at least) 3 locations -- downtown Raleigh, at the Durham Bulls ballpark, and now in Wake Forest. The atmosphere at the downtown restaurant in Raleigh is fun and different, so I appreciate that, but I wouldn't go out of my way to get the pizza. It's unique but not awesome -- if you like lots of cheese and dough, it's probably considered pretty good.

You shouldn't get flamed...I think pizza is a very personal thing. My family all likes different types and I am not referring to the toppings.

Old 09-25-2010, 09:57 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,715,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meadowNC View Post

I'll not flame you for free!

100$

Old 09-25-2010, 11:54 AM

11,839 posts, read 28,951,581 times
Its more of a family atmosphere than an adult atmosphere. The food was good. That was about it for me.

Old 09-25-2010, 12:05 PM

179 posts, read 294,254 times
i did not care for MM at all. yuck.

Old 09-25-2010, 01:10 PM
am2 am2 started this thread

413 posts, read 856,437 times
I gotcha, I went to the website and the pizza looked really good. I'll have to check it out. The name still sounds like a rave party though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte