Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2007, 01:00 PM

2 posts, read 10,481 times

Advertisements

I am narrowing my search and its either going to be with Eastwood (still deciding on community or with Homelife and am interested in the Oakbrooke community or Lexington commons. Any feedback would be appreciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2007, 02:42 PM

462 posts, read 1,843,744 times
I am in Lexington Commons. My wife and I are happy with our decision in buying our home there. The neighborhood is very quiet and everyone is very friendly.
As far as Homelife, they are a decent builder in my opinion. We had some hiccups in the beginning with our sales rep as did alot of people in the subdivision, but as of last week he is no longer with HLC. He went to work for another Charlotte builder. We have owned our home for a little over three months now. We have had no major problems and even when we had our home inspected for predrywall and final inspection he found nothing major. Just a few minor things needed to be corrected but they had their subs come before our inspector left to take care of the issues of concern. After dealing with the headaches that were caused by our sales rep this actually made us feel alot better about our decision and brought our minds back to ease. We just recently had to do our paperwork for our 2 month punchlist and they forgot to give us our paperwork for that at closing. One phonecall to the Warranty department and we had the paperwork and than it was faxed back and now we are scheduled for the repairs to be addressed which are just cosmetic and most are just me be overly picky. Homelife gets a pretty bad rap on this forum but like I said my wife and I are very happy with our decision and we feel we got alot for our money being we went to Charlotte with a budget and stuck to it and got pretty much everything we wanted in our home. Not sure how the new sales rep is but, I know he has been helpful to us as far as finding things around town as he is a native and is super friendly, but just be sure to ask about upgrades you may be interested in getting in your home. The past sales rep did not push upgrades and for some strange reason gave people a hard time about certain upgrades that were not the norm, but we pushed these issues and got what we wanted. We did have neighbors stop by and were amazed that we were able to get Corian counter tops a slop slink in the garage etc for example just because he never mentioned these were available. So if you know what you want make sure you ask. I'm hoping the new guy does a better job and just by speaking to him and seeing how helpful he is being we already bought and closed I am sure it will not be a problem and he will be 100 times better. If you have any questions feel free to drop me a PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: