Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 12:12 PM

1,242 posts, read 4,035,835 times

Advertisements

We are looking at 2 yr. old programs for our daughter for the 2011-12 school year. We narrowed our list to Learning Links, Carmel Baptist, Calvary and Weddington Christian. Any feedback on any of the schools? Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2010, 12:22 PM

812 posts, read 1,908,040 times
I have heard nothing but raving reviews on Calvary. I am on a mommie website and most of the girls that use it love it there.

Old 12-16-2010, 01:51 PM

65 posts, read 175,818 times
It may be too far out based on your other options, but we've had our two sons (7 and 4) at Waxhaw CDC for over two years. My oldest goes for summer camp and after school and our youngest is now in the Pre-K program. We've been very happy since moving to the area in 2008. The staff is very caring and does a good job of mixing fun with learning. It's locally owned and not a franchise, which is a huge plus to me.

Old 12-16-2010, 04:42 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJPost32 View Post
We are looking at 2 yr. old programs for our daughter for the 2011-12 school year. We narrowed our list to Learning Links, Carmel Baptist, Calvary and Weddington Christian. Any feedback on any of the schools? Thank you!

MJ, long time no post!! Good to see you Congrats on that baby girl!!

Calvary is supposed to have a fantastic program, but have heard nothing bad about any of the ones you listed.

Old 12-16-2010, 04:44 PM

554 posts, read 1,508,194 times
I bring my daughter to Carmel Baptist Wee School and I absolutely love love LOVE it there! And it's less expensive than Calvary...

Old 12-16-2010, 05:29 PM

1,242 posts, read 4,035,835 times
Default Thanks-lovesmountains..

Yes in Aug. we traveled to China to adopt our beautiful girl in Aug.

Here is my travel site..

http://www.myadoptionwebsite.com/harperlily/

Learning links seems to be the most expensive, then Calvary, Carmel and then Weddington.

For those at Carmel do you feel your child is learning anything or is it more socializing and skill set? It seems Weddington is more focused on getting along with others, learning to do things for themselves, etc. Learning Links has a whole program for the arts and science.

Old 12-17-2010, 07:38 AM

1,513 posts, read 3,361,318 times
My youngest goes to Calvary, and we've had the best experiences there. I thoroughly recommend it!

Old 12-17-2010, 08:35 AM

554 posts, read 1,508,194 times
Quote:

Here is my travel site..

Learning links seems to be the most expensive, then Calvary, Carmel and then Weddington.

For those at Carmel do you feel your child is learning anything or is it more socializing and skill set? It seems Weddington is more focused on getting along with others, learning to do things for themselves, etc. Learning Links has a whole program for the arts and science.
At Carmel, YES your child is learning something. I can't say enough positive things about it. There is time for crafts everyday, they have lesson time, they have lunch and play time, and reading time. My child always came home and told me something she learned...maybe she just had really good teachers, but I was so happy to have found this place - she also knew more about God and Jesus and that was important to me.

Oh they also had music and gym every week. You should call them and ask them all the questions, they are really friendly and will help you out!

Old 12-17-2010, 08:40 AM

3,115 posts, read 7,136,021 times
My neighbor's son went to Carmel Baptist. He's in kindergarten now and is ahead of most of the children in his class. He was writing his name by his third birthday, knew all of his letters and numbers, was great at counting and figuring stuff out, etc. She's pretty picky, so I know she wouldn't have kept him in a program she wasn't happy with.

Old 12-17-2010, 09:37 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:

Here is my travel site..

Your daughter is so beautiful! I am very happy for you and your family
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte