Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 06:59 AM
sbc sbc started this thread

7 posts, read 44,214 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know what happened to Flat Rock Grill in Ballantyne? I heard it closed. It was one of our favorite restaurants!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2007, 07:38 AM

628 posts, read 2,078,779 times
I read something that it closed. It's lease was really expensive.. they are looking a tdifferent locations to reopen.

Old 07-20-2007, 10:54 AM

2,536 posts, read 9,214,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbc View Post
Does anyone know what happened to Flat Rock Grill in Ballantyne? I heard it closed. It was one of our favorite restaurants!
It is in fact closed (check out the blog post from 5-29-07

http://wtle-charlotte.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default

Old 07-20-2007, 01:29 PM

348 posts, read 430,431 times
Yep, it closed. Honestly, it has the same theme as the Bone Fish Grill (pick your fish and pick your sauce), and bonefish is cheaper and you get more bang for your buck (salad incuded, etc). Also, I didn't think they were as tasty. My fish was dry... There bar drinks were also insanely expensive!

There's lots of regular restaurants also jumping on this same themed bandwagon (even Chili's is doing a variation of it!), and I'm starting to think its going to end up a bit of a fad.

I can't imagine the amount of money that Flat Rock lost in closing. It must have cost a fortune to set that up! But bottom line is that they were not as good as their competition.

Good riddance to Flat ROck!

Old 07-20-2007, 02:28 PM

1,435 posts, read 5,769,088 times
Actually they were making a fortune and were always slammed packed. Even with all of the new places opening in the last year.

Word around here is that the owner got in a dispute and closed the place down to prove a point. That's why it happened so suddenly. Supposedly three guys from the Ballantyne area are trying to buy the building and re-open the place.

Smart move in my opinion. Even if the food was horrible and service bad there is enough around to keep it busy all of the time.

Old 07-20-2007, 03:26 PM
sbc sbc started this thread

7 posts, read 44,214 times
Wow - we had nothing but great food and service there. In fact on New Year's, when another popular restaurant "lost" our reservation for 6, Flat Rock let us call ahead and we had the best time there! We dine out frequently and Flat Rock was at the top of our favorites list. I hope it does reopen soon.

Old 07-20-2007, 03:30 PM

348 posts, read 430,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlottean View Post
Actually they were making a fortune and were always slammed packed. Even with all of the new places opening in the last year.
Was empty every time I went there during the height of dinner hour--and I can't imagine someone closing a joint if it was making a fortune. If that is in fact the case, then the guy isn't normal and I sure as heck don't want his food. Still good riddance!

Old 07-20-2007, 04:37 PM

1,435 posts, read 5,769,088 times
From what I hear he is far from normal

Old 12-02-2007, 09:35 PM

1 posts, read 7,934 times
I have worked at many different types of resturants ranging from 5star suit and tie to country dining, and this is the best resturant i have ever worked at!!! The staff, managers, and kitchen staff not only try to make the customers dining experience the best it can be but they also take care of their employees in every possible way!!! The kitchen staff works very hard to put the best meal a customer can have, and the wait staff and management work with each other to do the same for the customer. Flat Rock Grille will be opening it's doors on Tuesday December 4th, 2007. As for now we are having a friends and family night that is open to anyone who calls to make a reservation but space is limited and Monday December 3rd is the final day for the friends and family. I urge u all to try to make a reservation because we are giving u a free meal to better let the public see our great our food is and staff, but again, the free meal will end on Monday the 3rd. Our phone number is 704-542-7422.

Old 12-03-2007, 06:12 AM

148 posts, read 423,730 times
Default flat rock grille

Happy news. It has reopened as I was an invite yesterday on their reopening ceremony
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte