Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2006, 02:54 PM

336 posts, read 513,056 times

Advertisements

Unless you are going to live IN Charlotte, and more specifically in a bad area of Charlotte like the University area mentioned in that article I would not worry about it. It is like associating NYC crime with the hamptons.

I moved from the suburbs of Minneapolis. Minneapolis had home invasions and murders all the time, especially on the north side, but the suburb I lived in was almost crime free.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2006, 03:14 PM

27 posts, read 187,622 times
came from the hamptons also. I don't like the idea of these kind of crimes either. I now live in Salisbury, which is a nice historic town about 35 miles north of Charlotte. There are many other great places to live, you don't have to live IN Charlotte to take advantage of it. There is not nearly the traffic here that there is there in the summer. I would recommend Concord, Statesville, Moorseville, Salisbury, Granite Quarry, Rockwell, most places in Rowan County (NOT East Spencer!!!). I'm sure there are many other great places to move to here, but I am familiar with these areas and feel comfortable recommending them
Can't get the quote down either, sorry....but I just wanted to add Hickory to that list and also say Crime IS bad in parts of Charlotte in the way of robberies and burglaries, but about a half hour or more away is still great.

Old 08-25-2006, 10:26 PM

483 posts, read 1,567,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a1m1700 View Post
Does anyone on this forum get this impression of me? Please tell me if so It is certainly not my intention.

All I meant was I understand the negatives of NC, I don't expect pie in the sky or a paradise. I am fully aware of the negatives. Like I said colder Winters. How am I being a smart aleck It's colder than here what you do want me to say?
Not me. I didn't think you were being a smart aleck. Don't sweat it.

Old 08-25-2006, 10:51 PM

2,290 posts, read 2,470,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmdj43 View Post
Not me. I didn't think you were being a smart aleck. Don't sweat it.
Well thank you very much. It certainly wasn't my intention at all.

Old 08-26-2006, 11:14 AM

1,736 posts, read 4,743,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm34b View Post
Seems like there's more to that story than what the newspaper knows or is reporting. Based on the number of robbers and firepower, I doubt this was random robbery. I'd bet there's more to it than meets the eye. I imagine the robbers knew about the occupants and what was in or thought to be in house other then purses, wallets, cell phones.
That’s my conclusion too. I'll bet the occupants were dealing in drugs or something and that's what they were after.
They would have robbed more houses if robbing homes were what they were doing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte