Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 12:55 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,381,405 times

Advertisements

Im finally going tomorrow and god willing I will pass this darn written test to change over my license...Question for those regarding signs....if you cant tell them what they not for vision purposes but just for not knowing do u still fail?? and not get your license..

2nd..has anyone been there really recently and can give me a heads up what kind of questions they are going to ask?

TIA as I do appriciate it..MY license is about to expire..lol and need to pass...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2007, 01:00 PM

1,852 posts, read 5,220,953 times
Did you get the book?

The questions are pretty easy, in my opinion, but some can throw you for a loop. Know the drunk driving limits, putting a white flag out, what happens with Buses and your signs, by shape and color.

Old 07-26-2007, 01:01 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,522,515 times
check out my newcomer guide under the dmv section there is a cheat sheet
Newcomer Guide to Charlotte Area for Useful Information & Services

Old 07-26-2007, 01:35 PM

thanks Sunny

Old 07-26-2007, 04:07 PM

237 posts, read 855,847 times
Momoftwo,

If you look further back in the posts, someone from the outside wrote a guide and it was very helpful. Definitly know your signs, and DWI laws, percentages and things. also there will be questions most likely on farm equipment and laws, also the rule for children in the back of a pickup truck. Another word of caution, on depending on where you go to be tested plan on it taking a long time. Our time was just over 4 hours from the time we got our number to taking the picture when we passed.
Also, then you will need to go to a different center to register your vehicle, and get your plate. Be prepared for extensive fees. to register two vehicles cost us just under $450. The most significant part of that takes the value of your vehicle and charges you 3% tax on that to a maximum of $150 per vehicle. Hope this helps.

Old 07-26-2007, 10:14 PM

engine thanks it does help..I just read the whole book 3 hours later, I also have the cheat sheet..Im prepared for those questions the pick up oh my as far as I know they arent allowed to ride in it..lol...I will double check that while im waiting..thanks I do appriciate it...

Old 07-27-2007, 04:06 AM

928 posts, read 3,852,506 times
I thought the test was HARD< I knew all the signs and rules for blizzards, but lord help me if I see the farmer and the tractors. I haven't a clue.

Plus, it's illegal to pass unless it's a broken line on a one lane road.
Yes, you must use your turn signal to change lanes, but in the real world, turn signals are a necessary evil for the people on the roads. The written test was a butt beater for me becasue I wasn't prepared.

Old 07-27-2007, 05:40 AM

889 posts, read 3,117,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
You are amazing at what you put together for a newcomer guide,grea job!!

Old 07-27-2007, 06:00 AM

88 posts, read 250,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
I just studied off of the cheat sheet and passed missing one question that I didn't recall being on the sheet...Thank goodness for that website!

Old 07-27-2007, 06:34 AM

367 posts, read 1,029,428 times
I have lived in many states and taken many written drivers test. NC is by far the easiest I have taken. I didn't even pick up the book. Its like they made it with only one possible logical answer, the other choices were silly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte