Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 11:48 AM

9,546 posts, read 7,108,429 times

Advertisements

Sunshine,
I think you would get more info to your question about Davidson Montessori if you start a new thread with that in the title.

Davidson Day is actually a good bit more expensive than Countryside as you go up in grade level. If I were committed to a Montessori education for my child, I would chose Countryside over Davidson Day. Montessori works best if you are at a place that is focused on Montessori and doesn't offer it as an option because it is "trendy".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2011, 06:33 AM

2 posts, read 1,782 times
Statesviile Montessori is a GREAT school- I speak as a parent of children who have gone through the program. It is a community of caring teachers and involved parents. The tuition is very competitive, compared with other private schools in the region. My children are academically prepared, well-adjusted, confident, and happy- due, in part, to their time spent there. You can find negative folks anywhere who will private message you their woes. Please be encouraged to visit and find your reality.

Old 07-20-2011, 07:26 AM

2 posts, read 1,782 times
People's circumstances skew their perception- get the facts on your own terms, not vague references (smoke and mirrors, crazy?)

Old 07-20-2011, 08:32 AM

2 posts, read 1,761 times
I have three children. I love the Montessori method! This school has challenged,nurtured,and loved all of my children. The staff is wonderful, and I agree with greenfeatherpen that you should definitely go and visit. Small class sizes, caring teachers, advanced curriculum, reasonable tuition, beautiful campus - what more could you ask for in a school. I hope you can go see for yourself!!

Old 07-20-2011, 08:47 AM

2 posts, read 1,761 times
Blue Diamond
You are correct to talk to the professions in town, including the many attorneys that have put their children through Stateville Montessori School. I know many of them personally and they were very pleased with the school. In fact their are several children enrolled right now whose parents are attorneys.I am so sorry you had a bad experience and I hope you have found the right school for your family. Please remember there are still many children and families that love Statesville Montessori School and if you were their at some point you must have loved it too! Hope you find the same love for your new school.

Old 07-20-2011, 10:37 AM

1 posts, read 872 times
Our family has been at Staesville Montessori for 6 years now! It is a wonderful school with such a kind,warm and loving atmosphere. It is truly an extension of home for my children! Academically they have been challenged and encouraged every step of the way. The Montessori method instills a confident independent work ethic in children and that is exactly what Staesville Montessori has done and continues to do for my girls!

Old 07-20-2011, 02:50 PM

1 posts, read 864 times
I must say I have to agree with green feather pen, paperplate, and Mrs. Alexander. I have 2 children that have attended Statesville Montessori for 8 years and we have had a wonderful experience with not only the teaching staff, the director, but also the families that attend. My family wouldn't have it any other way.
So please take the time to give SMS a visit and see what you think for yourself! I think you will Love it!

Old 02-18-2014, 10:04 AM

1 posts, read 609 times
What school did you decide on? I am debating between statesville Montessori vs homeschool. Statesville doesn't have many options :-/

Thanks!

Old 02-26-2014, 07:59 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,108,429 times
Farmgirl,
If you are looking for Pre-K or K, then Statesville Montessori is fine. For anything after that, I would definitely choose another school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte