Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 07:47 AM

21 posts, read 38,153 times

Advertisements

And yantosh22 also said there "a lot of crime in Myrtle Beach these days", so I'd take anything that poster says w a grain of salt.

Seversville/Smallwood/Biddleville (areas north of Tuckaseegee/Trade) are still quite tough, but the immediate area around that complex is fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2011, 07:56 AM

1,661 posts, read 3,301,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesleyHeightsWay View Post
And yantosh22 also said there "a lot of crime in Myrtle Beach these days", so I'd take anything that poster says w a grain of salt. fine.
Crime isn't limited to just Wesley Heights however you don't have to take my word for it. There is a long running (years) active topic on this forum about the crime in Myrtle Beach.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/myrtl...g-numbers.html

Like Charlotte it's a lot worse in some areas and in the post you are referring to, I said which parts of Myrtle Beach to avoid. I didn't say all of Myrtle Beach was crime ridden.

Old 04-04-2011, 06:25 PM

4 posts, read 4,289 times
Thanks for the responses thus far. The complex would either be Uptown View condos or Mi Casa Su Casa condos. They're literally next door to each other right off I-77. Hopefully not many "pops" there...eek.

Old 04-04-2011, 07:33 PM

182 posts, read 494,336 times
I lived close to that area in 2008. Never really got used to the "pop, pop, pop"....and that's the reason I moved from Uptown. Southend is a little better honestly, especially now, a few years later. Be careful on the "good deals Uptown"....it usually means "no one really wants to live here"...that area has come along way in a short time, but still has a long way to go. The sound of gunshots at night were enough to make me move, pay some extra fees and break a lease.

Old 04-05-2011, 11:09 AM

3,304 posts, read 2,181,643 times
Do you have a gun? You know Krav Maga? If not, then that's not the place for you. My sister used to live right near there on Grandin Rd. People come knocking on your door at random hours during the night, looking for stuff- money, some weed, a shot of tequila. I've strolled that area a lot at night. Some shady people linger around there. Granted, it's better than before, but it all depends on the amount of risk you are willing to take. Some people don't mind that type of environment. I'd wager that you do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte