Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 09:39 AM

12 posts, read 28,586 times

Advertisements

On a related topic, does anyone have a reference for a company/individual who can service one of these attic fans? We have one in our house, but it has never worked. It's getting power and tries to turn on, but won't spin the blades. I think it might need a new motor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2011, 10:54 PM

1,738 posts, read 847,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocdetail View Post
On a related topic, does anyone have a reference for a company/individual who can service one of these attic fans? We have one in our house, but it has never worked. It's getting power and tries to turn on, but won't spin the blades. I think it might need a new motor.

How about "The Fan Man" that someone else mentioned in their post on this thread? His ad I found online says he does repairs and installations.

Old 09-13-2011, 08:00 AM

2,028 posts, read 5,447,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Ryan View Post
Charlotte Mooresville Raleigh Cary Apex Attic Fans Attic Ventilation systems North Carolina

The Fan Man installed a fan in my attic about 4 years ago and we have been very pleased with it.
Can I ask what the approximate cost was?
We open windows at night until around 10.30am late spring fall and again late summer/early fall, but the windows/doors aren't positioned to allow good airflow, so effect isn't huge at all.
Part of our house (an addition) has attic space and had wondered (usually when I get a flyer from "The fan man"!) how well it could work.The attic does have ventilation on the gable end , and also at the ridge.
We usually have the A/C set on about 76-78-that's cool enough for us, and we have a fair amount of shade from many 60ft plus trees in the east, south and west of our property.

Thanks

Old 09-13-2011, 04:01 PM

2,152 posts, read 6,822,446 times
It's been so long ago, I don't remember exactly what I paid. I don't think it was more than $500, they give free estimates so maybe bring him out and see what they charge

Old 12-21-2014, 07:41 PM

1 posts, read 551 times
Some of the newer style of whole house fans are extremely quiet and do not require any framing. We recently purchased a ducted whole house fan from Centric Air and hired an electrician to install it. It took him a couple of hours to install it and after he completed the job he said it was the easiest whole house fan he ever installed. We often sleep with our whole house fan on; it's so quiet you can barely hear it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte