Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2011, 03:34 PM

2,193 posts, read 5,057,481 times

Advertisements

I cannot for the life of me choose a paint color for my small guest bathroom. I have a beautiful light fixture and can't find a color to match it. We painted the bathroom this pink color and it looks terrible.

I can't get an interior decorator to call me back or work with my work schedule. (I can't find someone to come after 6pm or weekends!)

Can anyone help me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2011, 03:56 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,784,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheenie2000 View Post
I cannot for the life of me choose a paint color for my small guest bathroom. I have a beautiful light fixture and can't find a color to match it. We painted the bathroom this pink color and it looks terrible.

I can't get an interior decorator to call me back or work with my work schedule. (I can't find someone to come after 6pm or weekends!)

Can anyone help me?
sheenie, what is the light fixture made out of?

Old 04-03-2011, 03:59 PM

I don't know. My husband just said plaster. It's white. Looks shabby chic style.

Old 04-03-2011, 04:13 PM

Quote:
I don't know. My husband just said plaster. It's white. Looks shabby chic style.
I vote for blue.

But not baby blue, or sky blue or navy blue, lol.

The color I have in mind is called "Kaleidoscope".

Go to Lowes and check out the Olympic paint colors in the "Audubon Collection".

I painted my guest bath this color last summer and it is SO beautiful. I had my painter take it about 3 shades lighter in the guest room adjoining the bathroom and people LOVE it. I have very light floors and a light maple vanity with. The contrast of the darker blue with the lighter whitish accents looks really awesome

Old 04-03-2011, 04:18 PM

ps - if you absolutely hate blue, go look at the rest of the Audubon Collection colors - there are some spectacular shades in that collection of all colors

Old 04-03-2011, 04:44 PM

Thanks loves!
The light fixture has little pink/purplish flowers with green leaves. So I was leaning towards pink or purple. But the color I chose, it's too light and looks washed out w/ the fiberglass shower. And I dont want to go too dark, because the bathroom is tiny.

Old 04-03-2011, 04:46 PM

8,402 posts, read 24,243,637 times
Take the light fixture to a paint store, and match it there.

My experience with designers is that they're not interested in something as small as your project. I can understand why, but in my opinion it's worth a little of their time to make the occasional exception. OTOH, do you really need a designer for this?

Something else to consider is that the lighting by which you've chosen the paint color is probably different than the lighting in your bathroom. I don't know how to adjust for this but I know it's an issue.

Old 04-03-2011, 10:55 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,716,930 times
Quote:
Thanks loves!
The light fixture has little pink/purplish flowers with green leaves. So I was leaning towards pink or purple. But the color I chose, it's too light and looks washed out w/ the fiberglass shower. And I dont want to go too dark, because the bathroom is tiny.
Home Depot has a really nice color, in the Behr paint, but I don't have a chart handy. I think it's Moonglow. It's a gray, but a very nice one. I used it in my old house & couldn't find a normal decorating color that looked bad with it. Everybody who saw it loved it.

ETA: I found it. The name is Full Moon. (I kinew it had something to do with the moon.)

Last edited by southbound_295; 04-03-2011 at 11:09 PM..

Old 04-04-2011, 05:57 AM

1,350 posts, read 3,785,754 times
How about a nice shade of green in the sage tone. It has enough color to be a contrast but not too dark. You can bring out the pinks and purples with accessories like art work and flowers.

Old 04-04-2011, 07:18 AM

1,865 posts, read 5,381,662 times
I would go with either a purple/lavender or sage green color.

We did our MBR in a medium sage color. I have a brushed nickle bed with a quilt that has a white background with purple, plum, lavender, dark sage & lt. sage colors on it. The sage walls really brings out the colors on the quilt nicely. We did the same in the Mbath but in a lighter shade of the sage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte