Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 12:16 PM

4 posts, read 5,053 times

Advertisements

My family and I are planning to move to Concord in 8-12 months. I know about the speedway, we are Nascar fans. Can anybody tell me the if there are "good" area's and "bad" area's? Ive been looking at houses on Craiglist, but am not familiar with the area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2011, 06:15 PM

4,041 posts, read 4,964,774 times
Where will your job be located? Yes, there are good areas and bad areas. What brings you here?

Old 04-17-2011, 11:23 AM

My family lives in Va Beach Va, but we dont want to be in that tourist kind of area. Concord is only about 4 hours from them. Way better than the 12 we are now. My husband is in the HVAC field and there seems to be alot to offer in the Charolette/Concord area. We have a 14yr old son and a 10 yrs old daughter, so schools are important. I know in Toledo there are "good" and "bad" area's. Im sure its the same way in Concord. Any advice woul be GREATLY appreciated!!!

Old 04-17-2011, 11:39 AM

531 posts, read 1,079,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristie_B View Post
My family lives in Va Beach Va, but we dont want to be in that tourist kind of area. Concord is only about 4 hours from them. Way better than the 12 we are now. My husband is in the HVAC field and there seems to be alot to offer in the Charolette/Concord area. We have a 14yr old son and a 10 yrs old daughter, so schools are important. I know in Toledo there are "good" and "bad" area's. Im sure its the same way in Concord. Any advice woul be GREATLY appreciated!!!
Welcome to Concord.
The schools in Concord are pretty good. Do not live too close to the /Concord Mall - it gets busy during weekend. Highland Creek in concord is a good area. Have a look....

Old 04-17-2011, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by feng21 View Post
Welcome to Concord.
The schools in Concord are pretty good. Do not live too close to the /Concord Mall - it gets busy during weekend. Highland Creek in concord is a good area. Have a look....

Make sure you stay on the Cabarrus County side of Highland Creek. The schools are better IMO. Look for Cox Mill elementary or Odell elementary, Harris Middle School and Cox Mill High (it's only a couple of years old). How much are you looking to spend on a house or in rent? Moss Creek might be another option too.

Old 04-17-2011, 12:13 PM

3,756 posts, read 9,558,059 times
Some will tell you they do not like the public schools in that area. You can also check Carolina International School located not far from Concord.

Old 04-17-2011, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEDIAMOND64 View Post
Some will tell you they do not like the public schools in that area. You can also check Carolina International School located not far from Concord.
Really? I haven't heard anything bad about these schools. The ones that don't like them what have they said and what schools?

OP - There is also Cannon School, but last I checked it was 12K a year per child.

Old 04-17-2011, 02:45 PM

Well, it seems to be very affordable there. We pay $950 for rent in Toledo. I'd be willing to pay more if it means a better area. There are alot of houses for rent, that would be ideal for the first year. The thought of another Ohio winter is horrible! The sooner the better!

Old 04-17-2011, 04:14 PM

You will pay more in the area w/ better schools. How big of a house?

Old 04-17-2011, 07:47 PM

531 posts, read 1,079,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristie_B View Post
Well, it seems to be very affordable there. We pay $950 for rent in Toledo. I'd be willing to pay more if it means a better area. There are alot of houses for rent, that would be ideal for the first year. The thought of another Ohio winter is horrible! The sooner the better!
I do not disagree - Lived in NE ohio for 15 yrs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte