Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2011, 01:34 PM

2,532 posts, read 3,449,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
Come on nostra, Jake had a helluva superbowl year, you're thinking a fews later Jake regarding the pick "6" day and confidence ruined, he never recovered from that game. The one thing he had was a young Steve Smith that could get open and a solid number two in Moose.
2003 (i.e. Super Bowl year) - 19 TDs, 16 Int - It was his second worst season in interceptions. How was he still not "Pick 6" then?

Quote:
Sure....you knew Duncan wouldn't be a bust prior to playing game one in the NBA, LOL, there goes that nostra-thang again.
The guy carried Wake on his back. His first NBA game busted a double double. Anyone would be crazy to think the guy wouldn't be successful at that time.

Quote:
I understand the concept of the team game but if you're diminishing the value of the QB position why do folks have such love for an unproven Andrew Luck.
If you go for a QB, you go for the guy who played great under a pro system, not the guy that was third on depth chart at UF, stole a computer, got expelled from UF, played 1 year in JuCo, shopped to a D1 school to highest bidder (alleged), and 1 year in D1 under an option system.

Quote:
Isn't this the reason they make all that money??? If not they're severely overpaid.
According to latest Forbes Top Paid NFL Players...
#5 - Richard Seymour DE/DT $15 mil
#6 - Elvis Dumervil DE/OL $14 mil
#8 - Gerald McCoy DT $12.8mil
#9 - Haloti Ngata DT $12.5mil
#10 - Paul Soliai DT $12.4mil
If it is about importantance = money spent, your defense players seem to make up a good portion of the NFL wealth so importance shows on defense, not a QB...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2011, 02:01 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,638,570 times
I'm not touching the Delhomme argument or the Duncan argument... LOL.

Cam played 1 year in Juco and won a championship...
Cam played 1 year at Aubrun and won a championship...

I don't give a damn if Cam was paid in a million dollars and had midgets dipped in gold to play at Aubrun...

Cam was unstoppable in the hardest conference in college...

As far as money goes... it's a team sport so the best on both sides will make a nice chunk of change but let's not fool ourselves... the top 4 spots are all QB's.

A great QB will make more than the rest of the team because that's the hardest position to play.

Old 08-29-2011, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
As far as money goes... it's a team sport so the best on both sides will make a nice chunk of change but let's not fool ourselves... the top 4 spots are all QB's.

A great QB will make more than the rest of the team because that's the hardest position to play.
Not denying that factor of top 4 being QB. Outside Manning and Brady (best two offensive players today), Bradford salary will go down next year (#2) and Vick just signed a new contract (#4) so it is high. Again though, 5 of them are on defense.

Look where the Panthers threw their money... Williams and Newtons contracts are way lower than Beason, Johnson, and Kalil i.e. defense, defense, and a center.

Old 08-29-2011, 05:50 PM

3,866 posts, read 4,273,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
2003 (i.e. Super Bowl year) - 19 TDs, 16 Int - It was his second worst season in interceptions. How was he still not "Pick 6" then?

The guy carried Wake on his back. His first NBA game busted a double double. Anyone would be crazy to think the guy wouldn't be successful at that time.

If you go for a QB, you go for the guy who played great under a pro system, not the guy that was third on depth chart at UF, stole a computer, got expelled from UF, played 1 year in JuCo, shopped to a D1 school to highest bidder (alleged), and 1 year in D1 under an option system.

According to latest Forbes Top Paid NFL Players...
#5 - Richard Seymour DE/DT $15 mil
#6 - Elvis Dumervil DE/OL $14 mil
#8 - Gerald McCoy DT $12.8mil
#9 - Haloti Ngata DT $12.5mil
#10 - Paul Soliai DT $12.4mil
If it is about importantance = money spent, your defense players seem to make up a good portion of the NFL wealth so importance shows on defense, not a QB...

Nostra, who are the top 4?????? oh, the top 5/10 are QBs, 50% of the top ten are QBs...QB runs the offense. QB is responsible for all scoring. QB is responsible for turnovers (ints), calling audibles to adjust to defensive schemes. QB is responsible for making sure the defense gets a rest (no 4 and outs) and QB is responsible for coming back to win a game i.e. 2 minute drill. No other position in sports has as enormous responsibility as the QB. So many facets of the game depend on the decisions made by the QB....

The reason why 5/10 of the hightest paid NFL players are QBs..think Johnny Unitas, Joe Namath, Terry Bradshaw, Joe Theisman, Roger Staubach, John Elway, Troy Aikman, Joe Montana, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Big Ben, etc...based on history nearly all really good teams are defined by the QB.position... your argument is futile. Very rarely will a great defense alone lead a team to success, but good defense with a great QB that's a tough combo. Defense is extremely important, the QB is much, much more important.

Now you are going after Cam's character...don't like the smiling, calling him a thief, the truth comes out. Nostra, I thought you were better than that...sigh.

Old 08-29-2011, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Not denying that factor of top 4 being QB. Outside Manning and Brady (best two offensive players today), Bradford salary will go down next year (#2) and Vick just signed a new contract (#4) so it is high. Again though, 5 of them are on defense.

Look where the Panthers threw their money... Williams and Newtons contracts are way lower than Beason, Johnson, and Kalil i.e. defense, defense, and a center.
You do realize the new CBA agreement greatly reduced the amount of money a rookie can make.

Old 08-30-2011, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
Nostra, who are the top 4?????? oh, the top 5/10 are QBs, 50% of the top ten are QBs...QB runs the offense. QB is responsible for all scoring. QB is responsible for turnovers (ints), calling audibles to adjust to defensive schemes. QB is responsible for making sure the defense gets a rest (no 4 and outs) and QB is responsible for coming back to win a game i.e. 2 minute drill. No other position in sports has as enormous responsibility as the QB. So many facets of the game depend on the decisions made by the QB....
Who is Nostra?

Defense stop the opposing team from scoring. Defense tries to get 3 and out in order to give the offense time on the field. Defense is responsible for putting that QB on ground. Defense is responsible for creating turnovers.

By the way, QB is not really responsible for all the scoring. They are essentially the middle man. The WR has to beat their man and potentially a safety in order to have room for their QB to give them the ball. If tossed in open space, the WR has to beat many men as well as act as a blocker for his fellow man. The other ounce of scoring comes from a RB who do what he does even with a direct snap (i.e. QB is not even needed; Joe Blow off the street could give him the ball). The offensive line and fullback make the RB look better. Also, decisions are mostly not made by the QB (barring Manning), they are made by the coach. They call in the plays.

Quote:
The reason why 5/10 of the hightest paid NFL players are QBs
So what made the reason for the other 5 which mostly are Defensive Linemen? What is below the Top 10... you might find alot more defensive players over offensive players including QBs...

Quote:
Very rarely will a great defense alone lead a team to success, but good defense with a great QB that's a tough combo.
Just last year Green Bay's defense was their main reason for success after the loss of everyone of Rodgers targets. Richard Seymour was listed as one of those top 10 paid players; wasn't he on one New England team that won many championships... how can you say defense wasn't also a main factor for the success of these teams. If it was all about offense, Oregon would have won a national championship last year in college football but they didn't; that same team couldn't went completely stagnant against Boise St the previous year.

Quote:
Now you are going after Cam's character...don't like the smiling, calling him a thief, the truth comes out.
Truth is he is approx 40% passing in the preseason playing against non-starter defenses while his other rookie class QBs average 55%+.

In example, Greg McElroy went 4 for 5, i.e. 80%, last night. Against Cincy in week 2, threw 12 for 20 (173yards) 60% for 2 TDs. You know the same Cincy team that Newton went 31.6% against.

Quote:
You do realize the new CBA agreement greatly reduced the amount of money a rookie can make.
Fully. Good thing for the panthers so they don't waste more money on a guy that wont be on roster at the end of his contract.

Old 08-30-2011, 07:58 AM

Nostra = Nostradomus...

Green Bay's offense and Cutler making up an injury were the main reason's Green Bay had success last year. The D was pretty good but without Rodgers Green Bay doesn't have a great season. Their rushing stats were a joke last year and Rodgers was on fire. Check out his game against ATL in the playoffs. He was unstoppable on 3rd downs.

Oregon didn't win the national championship because they were tiny. The none whistle on the tackle was also a joke but that's another story. It was a horrible way to end a pretty good title game IMO.

I don't care if McElroy goes 50 for 50 in the preseason he isn't going to play this year unless there is an injury and if he did he would stink the place up.

It's a new offense in Carolina and it's obvious these WR's are used to running to open spots... it will take time but it makes zero sense to look at other QB's stats to prove a point. The only QB who is going to see time is the Dalton and unless he plays Carolina every week you will see him struggle as well.

Predicting Cam won't make it through the season or won't make it past his first contract at this point in his career is just as crazy as someone saying Cam will win a SB. You need to come back to reality with your predictions so people will take you seriously. You sound like those college fans who lost money betting against Auburn who think calling him SCam or pointing out his smile actually has a bearing on his future.

Old 08-30-2011, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Who is Nostra?

Defense stop the opposing team from scoring. Defense tries to get 3 and out in order to give the offense time on the field. Defense is responsible for putting that QB on ground. Defense is responsible for creating turnovers.

By the way, QB is not really responsible for all the scoring. They are essentially the middle man. The WR has to beat their man and potentially a safety in order to have room for their QB to give them the ball. If tossed in open space, the WR has to beat many men as well as act as a blocker for his fellow man. The other ounce of scoring comes from a RB who do what he does even with a direct snap (i.e. QB is not even needed; Joe Blow off the street could give him the ball). The offensive line and fullback make the RB look better. Also, decisions are mostly not made by the QB (barring Manning), they are made by the coach. They call in the plays.

So what made the reason for the other 5 which mostly are Defensive Linemen? What is below the Top 10... you might find alot more defensive players over offensive players including QBs...

me
Just last year Green Bay's defense was their main reason for success after the loss of everyone of Rodgers targets. Richard Seymour was listed as one of those top 10 paid players; wasn't he on one New England team that won many championships... how can you say defense wasn't also a main factor for the success of these teams. If it was all about offense, Oregon would have won a national championship last year in college football but they didn't; that same team couldn't went completely stagnant against Boise St the previous year.

Truth is he is approx 40% passing in the preseason playing against non-starter defenses while his other rookie class QBs average 55%+.

In example, Greg McElroy went 4 for 5, i.e. 80%, last night. Against Cincy in week 2, threw 12 for 20 (173yards) 60% for 2 TDs. You know the same Cincy team that Newton went 31.6% against.

Fully. Good thing for the panthers so they don't waste more money on a guy that wont be on roster at the end of his contract.

Ok, go to sports bar 1 in Charlotte and ask random 10 people who is the most important player on an NFL team?? Go to sports bar 2, ask random 5 people who is the most important player on an NFL team....go to church, as your pastor who is the most important person on NFL team??? I'm lowballing QB response around 70%.

If you desire to receive some of the same reponses you made, ask my sister...she's still trying to figure out the difference between the 1st qtr and 1st inning.

By the way....Vick $100 million over 6 years, 17 million per year or $40 million guaranteed $7 million per year...dang QBs.

QB the middle man???? you might get beotch-slapped if you say that to the wrong person!

Old 08-30-2011, 07:24 PM

10,006 posts, read 11,151,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Nostra = Nostradomus...

Green Bay's offense and Cutler making up an injury were the main reason's Green Bay had success last year. The D was pretty good but without Rodgers Green Bay doesn't have a great season. Their rushing stats were a joke last year and Rodgers was on fire. Check out his game against ATL in the playoffs. He was unstoppable on 3rd downs.

Oregon didn't win the national championship because they were tiny. The none whistle on the tackle was also a joke but that's another story. It was a horrible way to end a pretty good title game IMO.

I don't care if McElroy goes 50 for 50 in the preseason he isn't going to play this year unless there is an injury and if he did he would stink the place up.

It's a new offense in Carolina and it's obvious these WR's are used to running to open spots... it will take time but it makes zero sense to look at other QB's stats to prove a point. The only QB who is going to see time is the Dalton and unless he plays Carolina every week you will see him struggle as well.

Predicting Cam won't make it through the season or won't make it past his first contract at this point in his career is just as crazy as someone saying Cam will win a SB. You need to come back to reality with your predictions so people will take you seriously. You sound like those college fans who lost money betting against Auburn who think calling him SCam or pointing out his smile actually has a bearing on his future.
You cant be serious about Cutler making up an injury.... you are a very credible poster, please tell me you were kidding.

Old 08-31-2011, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
You cant be serious about Cutler making up an injury.... you are a very credible poster, please tell me you were kidding.
LOL... Cutler was probably "injured" like Colt McCoy was "injured" in the BCS championship a few years ago.

I don't know, I think when you are playing in a NFCCG you play through the pain. I find it hard to believe he was that hurt when he can't remember what play it happened on and he was walking without crutches.

I don't think he made it up but true leaders don't take themselves out of championship games. I can't imagine Manning, Big Ben, Favre, Brees or Rodgers taking themselves out of that game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte