Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2011, 07:45 AM

2,028 posts, read 5,431,980 times

Advertisements

There were 8 cars broken into on our street and a street that leads off it during the night last night.

Apparently after any valuables in the cars, but not the cars themselves.
I say break ins but apart from my son telling me that one had a broken window, some may have been unlocked.

A month or so ago we had 3 cars that had things taken from them, but as far as I am aware,they were unlocked vehicles.

Now I have a problem "getting"
1. why people leave their cars unlocked, especially overnight
2. why people leave valuables (wallets, CCs,GPS) in their vehicles and ON DISPLAY
3. (the one I find most disturbing) why people leave firearms in their vehicles- apparently a gun was taken.

They sound like opportunists and who knows where they might go next so please take care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2011, 08:53 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,764,332 times
UGH, that just sucks

As NDAlum posted the other night, this seems to be happening all over the metro right now, and it's not even summer

Sorry this happened to you!

Old 05-06-2011, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
UGH, that just sucks

As NDAlum posted the other night, this seems to be happening all over the metro right now, and it's not even summer

Sorry this happened to you!

Is it more common in the Summer? Is that because people leave windows open?

Thankfully , we weren't a victim.
Am hoping that our long gravel driveway might be some sort of a deterent.
I guess they've "done" our neighborhood now, so aren't likely to come back, otherwise I would be up for arranging overnight lookouts amongst the neighbors- LOL
Anything to try and catch them.

Old 05-08-2011, 05:02 PM

2,348 posts, read 3,467,449 times
That stinks you have someone doing this. Hopefully the police can catch them soon. Like the idea of a neighborhood watch program.

I'd probably actually just leave my car unlocked so they wouldn't want to break out the windows. Obviously you'd need to take anything of value inside but letting them open the door, look around and then leave sounds better than having the window broke.

Old 05-08-2011, 10:14 PM

I checked over last few days and all the homes were on the water, so maybe they're coming by boat. Will be much darker at most homes on the lakeside than the road and driveway.
I had heard of this happening at another subdivision a while ago, but they were using the community boat dock and then walking to a few driveways closest to the dock.

Old 05-09-2011, 03:42 AM

1,661 posts, read 3,290,504 times
Hmm. Kinda hard to believe that common thieves would have the skills for night boating and access to a powered boat to prowl the docks at the lake. If so, then it's my guess that it is someone who lives there. Probably kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: