Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2011, 04:00 PM

2 posts, read 2,875 times

Advertisements

I am new to Charlotte having just moved here from Madison, WI. I am an avid tennis player (mainly doubles) and have really enjoyed playing USTA leagues in the past. I was a member of a club back in Madison.

Does anyone in this forum have experience with USTA leagues in Charlotte? Or have any advice on which tennis clubs or facilities to join or participate at?

I'm a 4.0 male player on the higher end of 4.0 (went 7-1 at 4.0 and 5-3 at 4.5 my last season in Madison). I'm flexible, just like to play fun tennis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2011, 04:21 PM

7,041 posts, read 15,039,953 times
I have a friend that is an avid tennis player and there are tons of leagues here to play in. She plays roughly 6-7 days/nights a week.

I think that it is reputation that gets you invited to the different teams. Don't remember how she got started (she's from Jersey). I will ask her and let you know.

Old 08-03-2011, 06:50 PM

7,126 posts, read 11,706,316 times
http://www.charlotte.usta.com/

Old 08-03-2011, 09:37 PM

2,221 posts, read 4,393,044 times
The best tennis clubs are in South Charlotte. Tennis is very big here, more so than up north and you'll find that a 4.0 rated player here is stronger than those up north. The USTA Fall Combo leagues will start in a couple weeks and teams are in formation as we speak. I'd send a note to Jennifer Settin (league coordinator) jennifer@charlottetennisassociation.com and she can get you on a team. The Fall leagues are 6.5, 7.5, 8.5 and 9.5. Basically on a 8.5 team a 4.0 and 4.5 player are a doubles team. To give you idea on depth of teams in the Spring there were over 25 4.0 teams and 16 4.5 teams in the Metro area. I captain 3 teams (4.5, 8.5 and Srs) and have attached note from league coordinator on Fall leagues.

Here is an old link on tennis club info: https://www.city-data.com/forum/charl...charlotte.html

[CENTER][CENTER]USTA FALL COMBO DOUBLES - TEAM REGISTRATION DEADLINE IS AUGUST 9TH!!</SPAN>[/CENTER][/CENTER]

Captains:

Thank you to those who have already registered their teams for the Fall Combo Doubles season. A reminder... you must have a minimum of 6 players (max 15) on your team by August 9th to be included in the match scheduling process.

To those captains who haven't yet registered their teams, please see registration information below.

Important!If you are unable to again captain a Fall team, please advise your players that they may contact us for placement on another team or help in reorganizing with a different captain.

Adult

Team Registration Begins
July 7

Team Registration Ends
August 9

Season Starts
August 15 or 22 pending flight size*
Season Ends
October 24

Last Day to Add Players
September 6

Last edited by ZnGuy; 08-03-2011 at 09:47 PM..

Old 08-04-2011, 09:01 AM

2 posts, read 2,875 times
Thanks for the posts everyone. I contacted the USTA to get on 7.5 and 8.5 teams. Although I wouldn't necessarily discount the quality of rated players up North. We beat the Southern Section at Nationals in '09 from the Midwest

Old 08-04-2011, 10:17 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,617,537 times
If you visit Do something, Learn something, Share something, Change something - Meetup you are sure to find a tennis group in Charlotte. I have no personal experience with any tennis groups but the site is excellent at helping you meet folks of similar interests.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte