Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2011, 03:32 PM

254 posts, read 590,375 times

Advertisements

I have 1 night and 1 day to spend in Charlotte and looking to make the most of it. Haven't chosen a hotel yet and looking to get help from you guys. I plan on going out at night to bars and night clubs and want to stay someplace reasonably close. Where does all the action take place? Of course, I hope the area is safe as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2011, 08:17 PM

116 posts, read 217,470 times
Downtown has the most options for all types-you have museums for art, Discovery place for science, and a history museum for the area-then you have most of the clubs and bars, Epicenter has all kinds of entertainment (movie theater bowling) and the NC Music Factory is located close by too for live music, oh and almost forgot there's theaters downtown too, and lots of restaurants

Then, you have NoDa which is more trendy and alternative crowd but smaller than uptown, and Plaza-Midwood is similar imo, but smaller

Old 09-21-2011, 08:18 PM

116 posts, read 217,470 times
There are other areas for shopping if that's your thing (southpark) and concord mills is the number one tourist attraction in the state believe it or not heheh, there's plenty to do here though, you just have to look around

Old 09-21-2011, 10:08 PM

1,669 posts, read 6,410,151 times
I agree with seanm83, stay uptown. Start your crawl at the NC Music Factory than work yourself nearer to your hotel, by hitting the bars and clubs within walking distance. For your daytime activity you are able to walk to most attractions uptown.

Old 09-22-2011, 07:30 AM

7,081 posts, read 12,388,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonJad View Post
I have 1 night and 1 day to spend in Charlotte and looking to make the most of it. Haven't chosen a hotel yet and looking to get help from you guys. I plan on going out at night to bars and night clubs and want to stay someplace reasonably close. Where does all the action take place? Of course, I hope the area is safe as well.
IMO, these two hotels would be the best bang for your buck.

Charlotte Hotel | Hotel Sierra | Hotels in Charlotte NC
Charlotte Hotel | EpiCentre Hotels | Aloft Charlotte Uptown at the EpiCentre | Overview
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte