Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 10:02 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,505,372 times

Advertisements

Far as Sheetz they are primarily hitting the Piedmont market for now.
Closest to Charlotte are some of the following:
Statesville, a place to stop if you go to the Hot Air Balloon Festival this Fall,
Asheboro, a place to go if you venture to the NC Zoo.
Mt Airy, for autumn leaves on Pilot Mountain and end of the month for Mayberry Days.
Raleigh has one for those who venture to the state fair.
Lexington just open one up just in time for 29th annual Barbecue Festival.

Sheetz is opening a distribution plant in Burlington within next 2 years so we can hope they give some friendly competition to Quick Trip. https://www.city-data.com/forum/north...-creating.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2012, 01:14 PM

5,160 posts, read 7,351,784 times
I would like to see Wawa come to the Carolinas also. But they only come as far south as Virginia, then skip the Carolinas and Georgia and are expanding in Florida. There was speculation they might move into Raleigh-Durham as an expansion out of Virginia, but that hasn't happened. Perhaps because of QT and Sheetz. But Wawa does have fresh made to order sandwiches instore, whereas QT products are delivered daily from a regional commissary. But I am happy to have QT. But how are the new 7-11 stores? Haven't heard much commentary on that.

Old 09-09-2012, 01:38 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,670,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
I would like to see Wawa come to the Carolinas also. But they only come as far south as Virginia, then skip the Carolinas and Georgia and are expanding in Florida. There was speculation they might move into Raleigh-Durham as an expansion out of Virginia, but that hasn't happened. Perhaps because of QT and Sheetz. But Wawa does have fresh made to order sandwiches instore, whereas QT products are delivered daily from a regional commissary. But I am happy to have QT. But how are the new 7-11 stores? Haven't heard much commentary on that.
Skipping to Florida makes no sense to me. Quick Trip is no competition for WaWa. They are a related but different concept. I have no experience with Sheetz, but my sister went to one in Salisbury last fall & hated it. I read that WaWa had an agreement with Sheetz that is no longer in effect.

Old 09-09-2012, 02:20 PM

1,177 posts, read 2,239,580 times
I had no idea people had such fervor for convenience stores. No wonder America is so overweight!

Old 09-09-2012, 02:27 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,670,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amploud View Post
I had no idea people had such fervor for convenience stores. No wonder America is so overweight!
What does that have to do with the price of tea in China? I like WaWa & when I lived in their territory I ran in to get something maybe 6 times a year, & half of those trips were for newspapers.

Old 09-09-2012, 02:53 PM

1,177 posts, read 2,239,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
What does that have to do with the price of tea in China? I like WaWa & when I lived in their territory I ran in to get something maybe 6 times a year, & half of those trips were for newspapers.
It's widely know that newspapers sold at convenience stores have more calories, carbs, and saturated fat than newspapers sold elsewhere.

Old 09-09-2012, 08:04 PM

5,160 posts, read 7,351,784 times
I go in QuikTrip or Publix to buy the Clt Observer down here in GVL, SC. Still .75, whereas our local and limited GVL News is now a dollar. And $200 Observer vs. $2.50 GVL News on Sunday. And I often get a sausage egg biscuit or donut for breakfast.

Old 09-18-2013, 12:58 PM

2,353 posts, read 4,652,923 times
After making a couple road trips this summer, and a recent trip to Atlanta, I wanted to update this thread to say I love Quik Trip! It was SO nice to know we'd be stopping someplace clean, with helpful employees when we stopped to get gas. There are *so many* QTs in Georgia! I jokingly asked, just after stopping, "Does anybody need to stop at this Quik Trip?" when I saw one at the next exit. Then there was one at the next, and the next.

I haven't actually been to any Charlotte locations, but I'm glad they're here!

Old 09-18-2013, 01:02 PM

1,969 posts, read 3,596,180 times
Quote:
That's because you know what you're getting with 7-11. Expensive prices and Slushies. That's it. Personally, I miss Texaco, it was a real bummer when they left.

Old 09-18-2013, 08:46 PM

2,186 posts, read 4,182,535 times
Quote:

7-11 did major work in the stores when they got re-branded, so most are shiny new and clean. They're a bit smaller than QT or Sheetz though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte