Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2011, 01:55 PM

7 posts, read 17,067 times

Advertisements

My girlfriend and I are looking for a place to get married, and we're having some trouble finding a place that's within our budget and that we like. We're looking for someplace kind of unique and with some character (I'm an architect so I'm a little picky).

We like The Dairy Barn and The Loft at Union Square, as well as the barn at Winmock, but the barns are out of our budget and Union Square might be too far away. We're looking for something a little rustic/industrial without the feeling that we're in a generic park or "the area's premiere barn wedding destination." We'll probably have around 150 guests, and we're not opposed to a church if we can find a cool old one.

Anyone have any ideas? Barns, factory spaces, etc. Anybody know of a barn in the middle of a field near Charlotte (within an hour-ish) we could just pay the owner to rent for a day (seriously, kind of)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2011, 02:18 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,223,014 times
The Salisbury Train Station has a great main room for the wedding and Recp. Its at Exit 76 on I85

Old 09-29-2011, 02:44 PM

That looks pretty cool, we'll add it to the list of places to check out. Thanks!

Old 09-30-2011, 06:37 AM

812 posts, read 1,908,819 times
Not sure about budget or pricing but there is Carrigan Farms
Outdoor Weddings at Carrigan Farms, Mooresville NC

Old 09-30-2011, 12:21 PM

40 posts, read 122,913 times
A couple of recommendations:

St. Mary's Chapel - near uptown, very cute, very inexpensive. Reception would need to be held elsewhere since it's just for ceremonies. I'd recommend renting extra time since they're a serious business there -- they want you OUT when (or actually before!) the time's up. I think the limit is 150, but you can look online to be sure.

1812 Hitching Post - about 45 minutes north of Charlotte, near Statesville. Pretty historic farmhouse. You can get married on the lawn or by the lake. They have a tent ready in case it rains. Very reasonably priced and packages include a lot.

Old 09-30-2011, 12:37 PM

I had seen Carrigan Farms before but had forgotten about it, thanks for reminding me.

St. Mary's is another one we're looking at, we just don't know if it's big enough. But it's definitely on the list and it's great as far as old churches go. We looked at St. Peter's Episcopal on Tryon, but the rules were too strict for us since we don't want a specifically Episcopal wedding. But that kind of church would be great. I'll check out 1812 Hitching Post, thanks!

Old 10-04-2011, 10:18 PM

445 posts, read 1,167,229 times
The Little Church on the Lane allows "outsiders" to be married there. It is a beautiful old church in the Myers Park area ( right off of Providence). It is an active church ( Moravian) and they have some pretty strictly adhered to guidelines regarding what you can have/do etc. , but it is very pretty and in the heart of Charlotte- and has a rich history.

Little Church On The Lane

I once went to a cool reception at the Visulite - it's not far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte