Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 10:29 PM

4,713 posts, read 9,703,287 times

Advertisements

We just bought in Ayrsley and we love the area (we'll physically be there in about a month). However - it is not completely a non-driver environment. For stuff like grocery shopping, etc, you'll probably prefer a 5-minute drive vs a hike with the groceries, especially in the summer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2008, 04:46 AM

201 posts, read 804,199 times
My husband and I have lived in Ayrsley for almost a year and a half...and we really do love it. New shops and restaurants keep coming. Salsa's just opened, and a new gift shop is opening today, called Bucketts. I've also learned that we are getting a wine shop soon and a market of some sort.

The commute to just about anywhere is easy, and we have really great neighbors. So far, for the most part it seems that the people moving in here really do care about their homes. I highly recommend Ayrsley.

Old 06-03-2008, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegeek74 View Post
My husband and I have lived in Ayrsley for almost a year and a half...and we really do love it. New shops and restaurants keep coming. Salsa's just opened, and a new gift shop is opening today, called Bucketts. I've also learned that we are getting a wine shop soon and a market of some sort.

The commute to just about anywhere is easy, and we have really great neighbors. So far, for the most part it seems that the people moving in here really do care about their homes. I highly recommend Ayrsley.
We look forward to joining you there come August. We heard it was actually a wine bar that was opening there, not just a wine shop; has that changed? Also, we were down there the other weekend to do a walk through with the wiring guy and we noticed, when we drove up the main shopping avenue, that the jazz club looked to be closed - did that place shut down? We stopped in there one night a few months ago (I believe it was the weekend we signed the papers on the place) and kind of dug it.

Old 06-04-2008, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tober138 View Post
We look forward to joining you there come August. We heard it was actually a wine bar that was opening there, not just a wine shop; has that changed? Also, we were down there the other weekend to do a walk through with the wiring guy and we noticed, when we drove up the main shopping avenue, that the jazz club looked to be closed - did that place shut down? We stopped in there one night a few months ago (I believe it was the weekend we signed the papers on the place) and kind of dug it.

It may be a wine bar, I have heard both stories...so I guess we'll see. I'm a big wine fan, so either way - I'm happy. I sure would prefer that it was a bar, though.

Yes, the Jazz Club closed for "remodeling" a couple of months ago. However, my husband and I take walks by there every weekend, and they have taken EVERYTHING out of that place, but it doesn't look like anyone is doing anything with it yet. The rumor was that they were going to make it a sports bar, but I'm not sure how true that is. If that's the case, I hope that it's different than Wild Wings...I can't see why we need 2 sports bars.

Keep in touch, let me know when you move in. Are you going into a Ryan home or D.R. Horton...or something else?

Tracie

Old 06-04-2008, 08:50 PM

27 posts, read 89,979 times
I am also moving to Ayrsley and can't wait. All your positive responses really makes me even more excited. I have a Ryan town house which, if I say so myself, is going to be beautiful. I am coming from Oregon so just can't wait to be warm! My heat is still on up here! I think Ayrsley is great already but will be even better as it develops.

Old 06-04-2008, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegeek74 View Post
It may be a wine bar, I have heard both stories...so I guess we'll see. I'm a big wine fan, so either way - I'm happy. I sure would prefer that it was a bar, though.

Yes, the Jazz Club closed for "remodeling" a couple of months ago. However, my husband and I take walks by there every weekend, and they have taken EVERYTHING out of that place, but it doesn't look like anyone is doing anything with it yet. The rumor was that they were going to make it a sports bar, but I'm not sure how true that is. If that's the case, I hope that it's different than Wild Wings...I can't see why we need 2 sports bars.

Keep in touch, let me know when you move in. Are you going into a Ryan home or D.R. Horton...or something else?

Tracie
I'm with you, I'd prefer the wine bar concept as well. I hope the remodel to a sports bar is not the case - like you, I really think two that close together are not needed - one of the things we like about the area is the wide variety of places in such a small area (although if they wanted to open a bar dedicated exclusively to hockey, I may change my mind )

Old 06-21-2008, 08:59 AM

2 posts, read 5,093 times
Smile I love Ayrsley

I just recently moved to Ayrsley too.. I must say that I do love it. I like the idea that you can walk to all kind of specialty shops. I recently learned there is a small coffee shop hidden on market street called Dessert Plus. I was just there last weekend. They have live entertainment almost every weekend. They have alot of cool art on the walls for sale and not to mention the best blended iced coffee I have had in a long time. This coffee shop reminded me of some similar ones back home in Charleston. I can't wait for more of the shops to open up. I also heard the Jazz Cafe is going to be a 30' long bar. I didn't hear sports bar but I heard it's supposed to be a pretty cool place. So I am excited for that as well.

Old 06-22-2008, 08:25 AM

So I have new details about the renovation of the Jazz Cafe. The story is that they are turning this into an English Pub called the Red Lion. If this is true, I am so excited! Finally, a place with some good beer around here! At least that should be the case if it truly is an English Pub.

The bar is being custom made and shipped here - from England, I believe.

Old 06-22-2008, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayrsleygal View Post
I just recently moved to Ayrsley too.. I must say that I do love it. I like the idea that you can walk to all kind of specialty shops. I recently learned there is a small coffee shop hidden on market street called Dessert Plus. I was just there last weekend. They have live entertainment almost every weekend. They have alot of cool art on the walls for sale and not to mention the best blended iced coffee I have had in a long time. This coffee shop reminded me of some similar ones back home in Charleston.
I have to say that I am not so impressed with the Dessert Plus place. It's charming, and they do have very good dessert - but my husband and I thought the coffee was lacking. Also, many of the neighbors fuss about it having such poor hours. For being advertised as a dessert place, they close early each day. We have wanted to stop by numerous times to pick up dessert after dinner and they are always closed.

I would like to see them succeed, and worry that they may not be able to compete with the Starbucks around the corner. If they extend their hours, they may pick up some of the evening movie/dinner traffic.

Old 06-23-2008, 08:33 PM

9 posts, read 28,586 times
Moved into Ayrsley back in Dec. Enjoy it so far. Good to hear some new places are planned on opening, look forward to the wine bar and the english bar. More choices of where to walk to .

Anyone have any info the supposed pool/club house in ryan, and are who or what are they building building between ryan and dr????? Looks like apartments but possibly condos? ryan had a get together the other month for residents at wild wings, but I was out of town so didn't get to go.

It seems fairly quite for the time being (though don't like the happenings in the other thread) and hope they get the lake done for our resident geese family. (they had 4 babies/down to 2 adolescents now)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte