Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2007, 01:40 AM

2,115 posts, read 7,091,752 times

Advertisements

Ever been? I passed it coming through Albermarle a few weeks back.

badinroaddrivein.com

Sara
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2007, 08:05 AM

2,445 posts, read 7,459,146 times
There is a great drive in in Belmont. They only charge $8 per car and always show two movies.

Old 08-24-2007, 08:46 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,337,647 times
We drive by the Badin Road drive-in almost everyday. It's always got plenty of cars and seems to show some pretty good, up to date movies. They have people sitting out on blankets and on lawn chairs with the children playing on the play equipment. Looks like a lot of fun. Hope to visit it soon ourselves!!

Old 08-26-2007, 01:44 PM

540 posts, read 1,707,626 times
been to the one in belmont - but not the one on badin rd. i know the one in belmont doesn't "allow" outside food or drink, anyone know about badin?

Old 08-26-2007, 04:34 PM

237 posts, read 856,382 times
My wife and I have been to the drive in, in belmont. They charge $8 per car and you see 2 movies. They dont allow outside food. It is a nice drive in. We are from NY, and lived there when the drive ins were there. So when we came down we absolutely had to go. want to go try the one in albermarle.

Old 10-31-2007, 06:33 AM

3 posts, read 12,088 times
Thumbs up Badin Rd. Drive-in

I have never been to Belmont Drive in, but I am sure by reading the posts that Badin is more family oriented. Badin has a wonderful playground close to the front screen so that the children can play. Having 4 kids, I know how agravating it can be to go and try to sit to see the movie you have been waiting for months to see only to have the kids running around the car driving you and others crazy. Badin Rd. has this covered. Admision is $5.00 a person and kids under 12 are free! It is a nice, inexspensive way to spend a nice evening with the family, while everyone can enjoy!

Old 10-31-2007, 07:15 AM

54 posts, read 156,832 times
Default Directions

Please provide driving directions to each from Harrisburg area. Sounds great...thanks!

Old 10-31-2007, 11:08 AM

2,445 posts, read 7,459,146 times
Directions to the Belmont Drive In

Take 85 South to Exit 26 (Belmont Abbey). Turn right. Turn right at the next light onto McAdenville Rd (car dealership on the corner). Go 1/4 mile, the drive in will be on your right.

They only charge $8.00 per car, not per person. You don't have to pay again if you want to watch the second movie. The movies change frequently so you may want to check their website to see what's playing. This weekend they are showing The Bee Movie and The Game Plan both rated PG. They have shown PG-13 and R rated movies in the past.

Old 04-04-2009, 07:32 AM

1 posts, read 8,478 times
my family and myself started going to
Badin Lake Road Drive In last summer and we love it! It is a great way to spend quality time together. You see new release movies, it is affordable and you can bring in outside food and drink. It brings back memories of when I was young and went to drive ins with my parents. We are hooked and are anxiously waiting for the evenings to warm up to start going back.

Old 03-11-2010, 08:48 PM

1 posts, read 6,438 times
I go to the badin drive all the time. it is 6 dollars a person. you can bring outside food and drink no problem. They have 2 movie screens and show 2 movies on each, you can pick which screen to watch. During the summer they are open basically every night. But during the winter it is only on weekends.
It is cool place to take a girl for a date, different.
and for directions from h-burg. head east toward Albemarle on 24/27 (Albemarle road). Then stay on that until you get Albemarle. right past Albemarle it turns into badin road. about a half a mile and it is on the left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte