Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 06:40 AM

1,502 posts, read 4,082,901 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishlee View Post
That would work for him. He doesn't turn 21 til May but he finishes school here in Ohio in December. He could move there and start that training. Thanks. Very helpful info.

Most colleges that hold BLET programs offer 2 courses a year. One starting usually in August, and the other in Jan or Feb.

Once again, places like Charlotte and the HP hold their schools whenever they feel like it. The application process to Charlotte and the HP can take up to 6 to 12 months, depending on how quick they move you in the application process.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2007, 02:03 PM

50 posts, read 151,839 times
I am very interested in becoming a police officer in Charlotte. I live in Tampa, FL now but don't really like it here. I heard Charlotte is a great place to live. Is the police department well liked there? I would like to experience the different seasons, work for a big city, ect...Tampa is on a hiring freeze so I need other options. Does anyone suggest Charlotte?

Old 09-04-2007, 03:18 PM

142 posts, read 608,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWyche16 View Post
I am very interested in becoming a police officer in Charlotte. I live in Tampa, FL now but don't really like it here. I heard Charlotte is a great place to live. Is the police department well liked there? I would like to experience the different seasons, work for a big city, ect...Tampa is on a hiring freeze so I need other options. Does anyone suggest Charlotte?

Pay/pension/benefits are much much better in Florida (NC PD's cant hold a candle to Fl Pd's), however quality of life is better in Charlotte area. If u dont plan on having kids and raising a family...stay in Florida. If u want a family.... go to Charlotte. There are plenty of citys in Florida hiring. Dont be set on one agency (TPD). This is obviously my opinion, but Ive done a lot of research on the pay/pension/benefits thing. Quality of life is subjective but I think most will agree with my opinion.

Old 09-04-2007, 06:28 PM

50 posts, read 151,839 times
Thank you Dave037...

Old 09-04-2007, 10:16 PM

6 posts, read 27,106 times
Default Maximum age limit?

I am a police lieutenant in New Jersey. I am retiring after a 25 year career. With the aparent shortage of police officers in Union County, I am wondering if I could get a law enforcement job at age 48? I know the salaries are not substantial, but I could live fairly well on my pension, so the money isn't that crucial. I am still in good physical condition, and I love police work. What are my chances?

Old 09-05-2007, 10:41 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retblunite View Post
I am a police lieutenant in New Jersey. I am retiring after a 25 year career. With the aparent shortage of police officers in Union County, I am wondering if I could get a law enforcement job at age 48? I know the salaries are not substantial, but I could live fairly well on my pension, so the money isn't that crucial. I am still in good physical condition, and I love police work. What are my chances?
Not sure what your chances are, but I would hope with your years of service and your enthusiasm that they would scoop you up Good luck!

Old 09-05-2007, 10:47 PM

876 posts, read 3,792,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retblunite View Post
call their recruiter and ask, most will give you a yes or no right there on the phone based on age. Goodluck and stay safe out there!

Old 09-13-2007, 05:14 AM

118 posts, read 444,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trishlee View Post
That would work for him. He doesn't turn 21 til May but he finishes school here in Ohio in December. He could move there and start that training. Thanks. Very helpful info.
CMPD does have paid training. I have 3 girlfriends that work for them. 2 of them really love it. However for CMPD you have to be able to past the JARPAC before you can get an application. On their website cmpd.org it has all the information that he'll need. I'm considering cmpd too. Good luck.

Old 09-13-2007, 06:47 AM

876 posts, read 3,792,173 times
[quote=NYblkqueen;1487574]CMPD does have paid training. I have 3 girlfriends that work for them. QUOTE]

3 girlfriends? Damn, I had trouble balancing out two back in my younger days. Nice work!

Old 09-13-2007, 07:16 AM

118 posts, read 444,658 times
[quote=SuperchargedSS;1487879]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYblkqueen View Post
CMPD does have paid training. I have 3 girlfriends that work for them. QUOTE]

3 girlfriends? Damn, I had trouble balancing out two back in my younger days. Nice work!
LOL you are to funny. I mean girlfriends...friends that are girls that you hang out with, eat lunch with. Nothing romantic... I'm a female ! I guess in this day and time that wouldn't really matter huh? I don't swing that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte