Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2011, 04:26 PM

443 posts, read 1,263,631 times

Advertisements

I have a single female middle aged relative moving to town. She will be working at CMC main. She wants what most want, an apartment that is:
Safe
Near Work (works 2nd shift and would not want to be on the road too much at 11:30pm)
1-2 Bedrooms
Garage or gated parking
Not a ton of little kids
and (and here is the catch) under $700 per month.

Any thoughts?
She would also prefer NOT to be right on a bus or light rail line as she has had bad experiences being broken into and would rather be away from too much foot traffic and random people wondering near.

T
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2011, 08:25 PM

1,055 posts, read 2,137,440 times
I could be wrong, but I do not think she is going to find a gated apt. complex near CMC Main for under $700 a month. In fact, I can't even think of any gated apt. complexes around there.

Old 11-17-2011, 10:08 PM

45,217 posts, read 101,052,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taben View Post
I have a single female middle aged relative moving to town. She will be working at CMC main. She wants what most want, an apartment that is:
Safe
Near Work (works 2nd shift and would not want to be on the road too much at 11:30pm)
1-2 Bedrooms
Garage or gated parking
Not a ton of little kids
and (and here is the catch) under $700 per month.

Any thoughts?
She would also prefer NOT to be right on a bus or light rail line as she has had bad experiences being broken into and would rather be away from too much foot traffic and random people wondering near.

T

I will be happy to send you a direct message.

Old 11-17-2011, 10:14 PM

205 posts, read 649,845 times
I think that will be tough. Last time I was looking at Real Estate close to CMC Main, 2BR, 2BA 1000sq ft homes with no driveway that needed renovation were going for several hundred thousand. Not sure if that still holds true. Good Luck!

Honestly the light rail line here will do her no good getting to work anyway and I wouldn't recommend a bus, however there are some nice apartments on the North end of S. Blvd near the light rail. Not sure on pricing though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte