Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2011, 01:01 PM

31 posts, read 27,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachInTheCity View Post

So yeah please do becareful because our most vicious animal is indeed the DOG!
Tuck your weave, ponytail and wigs!
now I have a weave and belong on the eastside.. where should I insert the "LOL" you're clearly longing for?

Old 11-20-2011, 01:02 PM

1,969 posts, read 3,596,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxyBrown View Post
Sure have. And no problems there. Grew up in areas where my kind were few, and had not an issue. Was told there might be some in NC, but I'd never let anyone stop my show, especially when money is involved. So it's not an issue for me. But if the attitudes there, are similar in which are shown on this forum, someone will for sure be in for an awakening.
Quote:
serious about the issues i have with animals and not knowing what to expect? Um, you didn't have to respond at all. Not everybody is used to living around in, or around that environment. But i did speak to a couple of Charlotte residents since, and have been assured that it's not what I'm expecting it to be. Now I see I'll have more of an issue with People there... animals in themselves

Welcome to Charlotte. You'll be eaten alive.

Old 11-20-2011, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
You can live closer to uptown, and commute to the Ballantyne area. Such a commute would be a "reverse commute" with less traffic. The commute from uptown to Ballantyne is roughly 20 minutes. IMO, you should live where you want to be, and work where you need to be. That way, you will enjoy your time here.
Living arrangements are already made. But thank you.

Old 11-20-2011, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by topchief1 View Post
Welcome to Charlotte. You'll be eaten alive.
I'll be fine.

Old 11-20-2011, 01:15 PM

7,074 posts, read 12,342,588 times
Quote:
Living arrangements are already made. My employment is 20 minutes from Ballantyne, which would make that a 40minute commute I'm not interested in. But thank you.
Not trying to get into your business, but 20 minutes from Ballantyne could be Rock Hill, South Carolina (which is only 25 minutes from uptown Charlotte). Then again, it could also be Lancaster County SC which would be 40 minutes from Uptown. My point is that uptown is a fairly centralized location within the Charlotte metro area. There are very few locations in metro Charlotte that's 40 minutes (or more) away from uptown.

You don't have to be specific, but what is the general location of your employment? Maybe you can negotiate something with your employer (ie, a less wooded neighborhood)? It seems to me that if your employer has arranged your domicile, they (the employer) would certainly be willing to work with you on your preferences.

Old 11-20-2011, 01:21 PM

@UrbanCharlotte

I love the house I'll be in lol. I don't so much mind the area behind the home, I'm just iffy on what to expect from the animals coming from them, as I've heard numerous stories. That was the point of this message to find out other perspectives on the wildlife from other individuals that lived there.

Old 11-20-2011, 01:31 PM

185 posts, read 318,422 times
Quote:
now I have a weave and belong on the eastside.. where should I insert the "LOL" you're clearly longing for?
Starting this topic and believing what you were asking was "LOL" enough.

*Grabs purse, heads to parking deck, looks around the corners, ducks and rolls, slides into car, blows dear whistle, does 75 mph down I-77 swearving to miss the dear, lions, tigers, bears and oh my the dogs, possums and cats!*

Old 11-20-2011, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachInTheCity View Post
Starting this topic and believing what you were asking was "LOL" enough.

*Grabs purse, heads to parking deck, looks around the corners, ducks and rolls, slides into car, blows dear whistle, does 75 mph down I-77 swearving to miss the dear, lions, tigers, bears and oh my the dogs, possums and cats!*
dont forget to watch out for the girl with the weave coming from the eastside..might want to hold tight to your purse

Old 11-20-2011, 01:37 PM

7,074 posts, read 12,342,588 times
Quote:
@UrbanCharlotte

I love the house I'll be in lol. I don't so much mind the area behind the home, I'm just iffy on what to expect from the animals coming from them, as I've heard numerous stories. That was the point of this message to find out other perspectives on the wildlife from other individuals that lived there.
The biggest issue I've ever seen here with animals are deer crossings (Park Road and Freedom Drive come to mind; but this is not very often). However, the human animals will be your biggest issue. Don't come here with the "I'm from LA and I am better than you all" attitude. #1, others here from LA, Chicago, and NYC will laugh at you. #2, natives here will laugh at you. Come here with a positive attitude; and if you hate it, plan your exit. There is no need to bash the area in front of those who love it here. I too have issues with some of Charlotte's more wooded areas; but I simply choose not to live in them. Problem solved...

Old 11-20-2011, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
The biggest issue I've ever seen here with animals are deer crossings (Park Road and Freedom Drive come to mind; but this is not very often). However, the human animals will be your biggest issue. There is no need to bash the area in front of those who love it here. I too have issues with some of Charlotte's more wooded areas; but I simply choose not to live in them. Problem solved...
thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte