Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2011, 06:29 PM

2,919 posts, read 5,803,781 times

Advertisements

well obviously he was able to avoid losing his license the first time he got a DWI....but just wondering about this time since it is a totally different state....Is it possible that he will still be able to drive?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2011, 07:55 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,493,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastbabe View Post
well obviously he was able to avoid losing his license the first time he got a DWI....but just wondering about this time since it is a totally different state....Is it possible that he will still be able to drive?
Since about all states driving records are shared it may be held as his second.
It may be consider as his first in that case he may end up with restricted license with no driving at nights.

The best is him to consider talking to a good attorney & not the law sharks that are desperate sending him solicitations in mail.
An attorney can also postpone the court date to a judge that doesnt throw the book at him.

An attorney would be able to let you know if the prior will carry over and fight for his rights in choosing less punishment like doing community service over Jail and the ability to drive.
He also should be willing to ask for the interlock device as a sentence alternative.
Interlock would allow him to drive but test for alcohol before he can crank the car.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 12-04-2011 at 08:05 PM..

Old 12-05-2011, 02:22 PM

52 posts, read 62,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Since about all states driving records are shared it may be held as his second.
It may be consider as his first in that case he may end up with restricted license with no driving at nights.

The best is him to consider talking to a good attorney & not the law sharks that are desperate sending him solicitations in mail.
An attorney can also postpone the court date to a judge that doesnt throw the book at him.

An attorney would be able to let you know if the prior will carry over and fight for his rights in choosing less punishment like doing community service over Jail and the ability to drive.
He also should be willing to ask for the interlock device as a sentence alternative.
Interlock would allow him to drive but test for alcohol before he can crank the car.
Interlock would be a requirement for ANY limited provisional license received at conviction IF the BAC result was .15 or higher. Or a requirement once the standard ONE YEAR revocation period ended. I say standard because its pretty standard for even FIRST TIME DWI Offenders to have a 12 month suspended(revoked) license, regardless of any limited provisional license received.

Interlock is also VERY expensive! I can't imagine anyone who would WANT to have interlock as a part of their sentence if it wasn't already a requirement to get their driving privileges back.

Old 12-05-2011, 02:51 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,603,990 times
Quote:
Why is that obvious? Just because someone is driving doesn't mean they have a license.

So I guess your point is your friend obeys the "not driving without a license" law but not the drunk driving laws?

Old 12-05-2011, 04:10 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,493,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Styrofoam View Post
Interlock would be a requirement for ANY limited provisional license received at conviction IF the BAC result was .15 or higher. Or a requirement once the standard ONE YEAR revocation period ended. I say standard because its pretty standard for even FIRST TIME DWI Offenders to have a 12 month suspended(revoked) license, regardless of any limited provisional license received.

Interlock is also VERY expensive! I can't imagine anyone who would WANT to have interlock as a part of their sentence if it wasn't already a requirement to get their driving privileges back.

Your incorrect on Bac level and its not that expensive and better alternative for someone who still needs to get to work, and go to grocery store attend AA and Adets classes something courts will require.

Its not that expensive considering life with out a license not being able having a way to pay the fines, lawyer.

The cost to have it installed is $70.00 and $60.00 a month til the state feels you have met the term set by the court.
How much will my Monitech device cost? | Monitech (http://www.monitechnc.com/how-much-will-my-monitech-device-cost - broken link)

Old 12-05-2011, 06:08 PM

373 posts, read 709,805 times
Quote:
Your incorrect on Bac level and its not that expensive and better alternative for someone who still needs to get to work, and go to grocery store attend AA and Adets classes something courts will require.

Its not that expensive considering life with out a license not being able having a way to pay the fines, lawyer.

The cost to have it installed is $70.00 and $60.00 a month til the state feels you have met the term set by the court.
How much will my Monitech device cost? | Monitech (http://www.monitechnc.com/how-much-will-my-monitech-device-cost - broken link)
Sounds like the voice of a learned experience........not pointing the finger now...it just sounds so informative and all/lol

Old 12-05-2011, 06:18 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,401,557 times
Quote:
For everyone else's sake I hope not.

Old 12-06-2011, 09:15 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,207,489 times
So level 4

$500 fine

72hrs - 120 days jail

2 year license loss

car monitoring device thingy...

= OUCH for him....

Old 12-07-2011, 04:31 AM

52 posts, read 62,487 times
Quote:

Im actually NOT incorrect on the BAC level.

G.S. 20-17.8(a)(1)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: