Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2007, 10:32 AM

15 posts, read 61,978 times

Advertisements

Can anyone give me some info about Sharon South townhomes? I'm going to look at the neighborhood today but was looking for some personal insight b/c I don't know that area very well. I was told it wasn't the 'greatest' area, but was close to a good area and shouldn't be too bad. I just moved to Charlotte about a year ago and live in an apartment in the Arboretum area now, but am looking to buy a townhouse or condo and just don't know all of the city that well yet. I know I'd like to stay in south Charlotte but can only spend around $100K, which is difficult. Matthews would be okay too, but I don't want to get too far from the city -- 20 minutes tops. Any suggestions on where to look (that's decent and safe) would be greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2007, 11:19 AM

15 posts, read 43,421 times
Hello,
I grew up in Sharon South II which is on the backside of the Knights Bridge circle. My parents still live here and we actually purchased a condo here when we moved from CA two years ago.
Sharon SOuth is in a great location, very close to South Blvd and Park Rd. There are a lot of neighbors up in SS who are vigilant and keep a close eye on the community. We do have a bit of crime in this area, but mostly it is because of the surrounding areas, bot SS residents. I have noticed a lot more children in the neighborhood over the last year, so I think that the community is turning over.
Do check with them about the state of their association though. I know that they had some serious trouble recently. Poke and prod and get to the bottom of it before you buy.

Feel free to ask me more questions.
Patty

Old 08-29-2007, 01:09 PM

15 posts, read 61,978 times
"We do have a bit of crime in this area, but mostly it is because of the surrounding areas, bot SS residents."

What kind of crime are you talking about? Like break-ins or violent crime? Not that either would be okay -- just curious. How are the amenities/upkeep as compared to the HOAs b/c they seem pretty high...Thanks for your help!

Old 08-29-2007, 01:53 PM

15 posts, read 43,421 times
I can not tell you much about the amenities of Sharon South because I actually own in SSII. I do know that they have a swimming pool and many residents have worked hard on getting the tennis courts fixed.

Crime meaning property crime. Occasional break ins of homes and cars. I only know about them because I served on the board of SSII and we used to get the email updates that one of the SS boardmembers sends out from CMPD of local crime stats. We have never personally had any problems. We are surrounded with quite a few apartment complexes.

Like I said, I grew up here and I never not felt safe. I have two small children and I have never felt that they were not safe. We actually live in a house in Starmount, but I am here in SSII every day to work and I think that it is a great place to live.

Best of luck to you!
Patty
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte