Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2011, 03:43 PM

622 posts, read 1,785,966 times

Advertisements

Charlotte restaurant week is 1/20-1/29. I was able to get free opera tickets thanks to a city data post and now I can enjoy the benefits of restaurant week. I made reservations at Chima and can use their valet parking and retrieve the car after the opera. What a deal!

Here is a link for restaurant week:

Charlotte Restaurant Week
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2011, 07:50 PM

2,375 posts, read 4,889,487 times
Is restaurant week really a good deal? Or is it restaurant dependent? I am looking at one that I would really like to try, but from their website I am seeing that I would probably only save $5 per person even if I chose the most expensive items they are offering. And apparently you still have to pay tax and tip on top of the $30.

Am I missing something?

Old 12-31-2011, 09:01 PM

622 posts, read 1,785,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rothbear View Post
Is restaurant week really a good deal? Or is it restaurant dependent? I am looking at one that I would really like to try, but from their website I am seeing that I would probably only save $5 per person even if I chose the most expensive items they are offering. And apparently you still have to pay tax and tip on top of the $30.

Am I missing something?
It is a good deal depending on the restaurant you choose. Del frescos, Morton, Blue, and any other high end restaurant are a good value. I chose Chima because it was near the venue I was attending. My guess is that I am saving $20 PP.

Old 12-31-2011, 11:29 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,589,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rothbear View Post

Am I missing something?
My place which will remain nameless, would cost close to 65 bucks for the food you get foe 30, so yeah its a good deal

Old 01-04-2012, 09:14 AM

841 posts, read 2,480,175 times
Thanks for posting this...I just made my reservation at Chimas..can't wait to try that place out..I've heard they have really good food. Last year we tried The Melting Pot for the first time and looking through their menu, I think the $30 p.p. was a great deal!

I already noticed very limited times left for reservations during those weekends..if anyone is taking advantage of it, it'll be a good idea to start making reservations now.

Old 01-04-2012, 09:29 AM

371 posts, read 1,104,105 times
We're going to Fleming's and then to the UNC Clef Hangers concert at Knight Theatre. So excited!

Old 01-06-2012, 08:44 AM

763 posts, read 824,465 times
I will participate, but I have learned that $30 a person for a three course meal is more than I would normally pay at some of the places, ie. I have never spent $30 dollars for a three course meal at an Indian Restaurant or a few others on the list. Buyer beware!

Old 01-08-2012, 01:57 PM

364 posts, read 637,493 times
Signed up for two places this year! One I've been to before Chima (it is Great!) and Capital Grille, want to try it out I've heard they are good.

Old 01-09-2012, 09:47 AM

2,353 posts, read 4,664,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella Artois View Post
I will participate, but I have learned that $30 a person for a three course meal is more than I would normally pay at some of the places, ie. I have never spent $30 dollars for a three course meal at an Indian Restaurant or a few others on the list. Buyer beware!
Most places are offering more than you would normally order - Fern, for example, a really, really good local-food, vegetarian restaurant. I've eaten there for lunch several times, usually it's $11 - $20, depending on if I order a juice or not. For Restaurant Week, they have an appetizer, main course, and dessert, as well as complimentary vegetable bruschetta (something they don't normally provide for free). If I ordered all that normally, it would be well over $30. The food, also, is not their everyday fare; they have special offerings for Restaurant Week. You can see the detailed menus on the Restaurant Week site, to compare.

Old 01-18-2012, 11:03 AM

841 posts, read 2,480,175 times
I have a reservation for Chima Brazilian Restaurant on Sunday, Jan. 22 (restaurant week) for 5 people at 7:45pm. We will not be able to attend. PM me if you would like to have my reservation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte