Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2012, 02:17 PM

46 posts, read 84,958 times

Advertisements

So I have been working on losing weight for over a year now (lost 50 lbs so far) and I know many people are looking to turn a new leaf in the new year. I figured this is a good time to find someone to work out with, hold each other accountable, have fun and make a new friend.

Any ideas of where I could connect with people, I don't currently go to any gyms?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2012, 09:04 PM

1,669 posts, read 6,400,042 times
If you can post on a bullentin board in your community. Also, many on Craigslist post daily regarding this, but they usually list the gym that they belong to and the time they are looking to work out. If your community has its own gym, maybe you can post to the community Facebook page.

Good luck!

Old 01-02-2012, 09:17 PM

17 posts, read 32,488 times
www.sparkpeople.com has a feature where you can find weight loss buddies in many ways, one of which is searching by zip code. I don't know if you will find someone that will work for your needs, but it is a free website and can't hurt to try. Good luck in your weight loss journey!

Whereabouts are you located and what types of workouts are you doing?

Old 01-03-2012, 02:29 AM

1,497 posts, read 3,352,896 times
Congrats on the loss!!
Can you give me your lost weight? I keep trying to gain weight , but my metabolism is rather high.
Best of luck to you!!

Old 01-03-2012, 06:06 AM

748 posts, read 1,771,658 times
We started going to Planet Fitness about 6 weeks ago. We love it. The trainers hold classes every day, you could probably strike up a conversation there.

It's only $10/month.

Old 01-03-2012, 06:42 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,619,995 times
Go to Do something, Learn something, Share something, Change something - Meetup and you can probably find a workout group in Charlotte. It's free to join and most groups are free as well.

Old 01-03-2012, 12:27 PM

4 posts, read 7,652 times
Hi congratulations ! Way to go! Having an accountability partner or partners is fantastic. I am actually a FREE Fitness coach. I have small intimate accountability groups online. Since my client based is all over the country I group like minded and goal seekers like yourself up in this fantastic successful groups.
Pls email me for more information.
Way to go!!
Pls visit me also @ Tina Bernal Fitness
coachtinabernal@hotmail.com
Coach T

Old 01-03-2012, 02:43 PM

1,055 posts, read 2,128,024 times
My thoughts and prayers are with you for the loss of your weight.

Old 01-06-2012, 11:06 AM

46 posts, read 84,958 times
Thanks for the responses. I am still looking, below is some of the things I am looking for and like to do.

I like walking, running (right now I do walk runs), weights, most types of cardio, have done a little p90x but its been a while and I still use a chair for most of the pull ups. The only things I don't like is biking, not really my cup of tea. I would also consider doing things like ultimate Frisbee, indoor rock climbing, backpacking and/or hiking (weekends), etc.

My goal is to live a healthy life and enjoy it. I figure we can meet in public places (parks, greenways, gyms etc) and work out together, I welcome anyone to join me, I am open to any age/gender/etc, I am even open to more than one person. I am a 28 year old male, educated and employed located in North Charlotte, kind of near North Lake Mall; My friend describe me as a friendly person and who is fun and reliable.

I currently workout once a week for 30-45 minutes, would like to eventually take it up to a few times a week. I eat pretty healthy and could share what I know about food/cooking/etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: