Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 09:03 AM

5,467 posts, read 6,104,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlat View Post
I believe that the current County Commissioners have a problem with the giving up the property to the Y. The Y won't come close to paying market price for the property (or any price really). The UCC has tabled the issues for now. I don't expect that this will get resolved anytime soon. The property was purchased back when the county was the epicenter for all growth in the state. The county paid a premium for the land and aren't apt to just give it up without recouping some taxpayer $$$.

County is not giving up the property. The agreement has always been for a long term (50 yr.) lease with right to renew in 25 year increments. The multimillion dollar construction scheduled for the property would belong to UC. Property ownership was never in the cards to change hands.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2012, 10:04 AM

123 posts, read 283,359 times
Anyone have any "new" information on this??

Old 06-18-2012, 01:52 PM

30 posts, read 74,263 times
I live in Waxhaw and go to the Morrison Family YMCA over in Ballantyne with our kids. They only have an outdoor pool but it has a great water park and slides for the kids. They just built and opened a new branch in Wesley Chapel (about 10 minutes from Waxhaw proper). Full exercise equipment but no pool. If you're on the Marvin/Waxhaw border, Morrison Family or the Ballantyne Village branches might be better. If you closer to Waxhaw, Wesley Chapel out be closer. Good Luck!

Old 06-19-2012, 07:16 PM

430 posts, read 805,693 times
When I lived in Waxhaw, about a mile north of town center, I found the YMCAs to be too far to drive. The Wesley Chapel branch is small, but they just added childcare in the mornings and I think classes as well. I now live in Wesley Chapel and prefer Anytime Fitness though. There's also a Snap Fitness near Waxhaw town center. The YMCA is great if you live in unincorporated Waxhaw around Rea Rd as Morrison is quite close to that location. Really depends on where in Waxhaw you live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte