Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 08:40 PM

4,713 posts, read 9,712,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jika338 View Post
I am from the DC/MD/VA area and I do not like it here in NC. The people are not friendly and I've heard other people say the same thing. I absolutely LOVE.......MD/DC/Va area, if I can scrap up the money to go back, I would! Maybe your family would do great because this state seems to gravitate to people who are married which makes me to think this state is a Judgemental State!

Funny - I moved from the same area back in 2008 and rather like it here. People tend to be friendlier and more laid back. And I don't miss the traffic one bit. And yes, while I'm married now, when we moved here, my future wife and I were just shaked up and living in sin and had no issues with that.

To the OP - there is a fairly diverse crowd around here. It did not take long for us to make a lot of new friends with shared interests (and, to be fair, we also met a lot of people who we didn't have much in common with either). Ultimately, only you are going to be able to judge whether or not the place is right for you.

In regard to non-US natives, we have several friends here from Serbia (Charlotte has a rather sizeable Serbian population actually) and I work with a company where about 20% of the employees are Canadian. There is a fair mix of people here.

As to not being "from a religious home" well, there are plenty of us non-religious heathens who live here too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2012, 09:44 AM

13 posts, read 21,338 times
Tober138
Thank you! Sounds good, the heathens, the mix and the friendlier bit! So many people say that and we experienced teh same traveling in the area.

Old 01-20-2012, 09:53 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,818,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwanttolivein View Post
Thank you everyone for the advice! Much appreciated!

I saw and ad for a beautiful house for rent in Noda. The area seems very nice and teher seems to be alot of beautiful hosues. Does anyone have any input on Noda?

Citpeep: we want to pay under 2000 a month.

Frank the Tank: I am so glad you are happy with your move! Trulia has a lot of good looking properties!

jika338: I am sorry you are not happy in NC.

Chicagocubs: Thank you fro all that info. very useful

SunnyKajak: Thank you!

I would be happy to send you a direct message.

Old 01-22-2012, 05:04 PM

128 posts, read 222,657 times
Hi,
Lots of the apartments and condos for rent in these neighborhoods never end up on-line. Folks are able to just post signs in the yards and renters find them by "driving" around. But, I'm sure you're looking for bigger than a 2 bedroom which most of these places are. You might just drive around though and see if you see "for rent signs." I think your best luck might be to talk to a realtor that has a number of listings in the neighborhood that you're looking for and see if they have any clients that have given up and might want to rent. I actually drove through Elizabeth and Plaza Midwood on the way home tonight and was kind of shocked by how few for sale signs I saw. Is this true in the 'burbs too right now? I'm wondering if this is just because it's winter? because these are popular neighborhoods that have held value because of their conveniences and closeness to downtown? You might want to also consider Birkdale Village off of 77 at exit 25. I like the walkability of their shopping area and think it would be enjoyable to live close to there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte