Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2012, 07:05 AM

382 posts, read 1,888,507 times

Advertisements

Any travel lovers out there care to share some tips with me? My husband and I would like to do a few trips over the next few years before having kids. I would really like to find some websites or get some info on what the cheaper destinations flying out of Charlotte are, particularly to the Carribbean. Our trips will be 4-5 nights only, so nothing further than a 4 hour flight is preferred (no europe). We're open to the west coast too, but we REALLY like all-inclusive destinations which isn't really in the US.

so how can i find deals out of charlotte? is there a search engine somewhere that lets you search by departure city, instead of destination?

thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2012, 07:21 AM

9,116 posts, read 17,734,144 times
Couple things..

If you are looking for non-stop to the carribean, I'd goto websites like travelocity/cheap tickets, orbitz, etc. and put in your time/date/etc requirements in the drop downs and see what it costs....that would be for starters just to see what ballpark hotel/flights cost....I did that when I went to Vegas last year........got a great deal but you really need to do your homework...(maybe you can get a much cheaper price if you take a connecting for example...)

Its like buying anything...the more you do your homework upfront, the more time you can spend making the end users sharpen their pencils to get you a better rate....

Also, places like Costco/BJ's sometimes have very legitimate deals on trips....when we went to Punta Cana we booked a sweet deal through BJ's....good stuff there.....

I've heard good things about cruises that leave out of Charleston (SC)....look into that.

If you like the West, I'd look at National Parks out there....there are several on my bucket list (ie Yellowstone). I've never heard a bad thing about people who take trips out there and you can't put into words how amazing the wildlife/scenery is....

I know this advice is all over the map, but just my .02

Good luck.

Old 02-09-2012, 07:41 AM

841 posts, read 2,476,611 times
Carnival has a cruise ship that sails out of Charleston..I think every week. It's about a 4 hour drive from Charlotte and the cruise is 5 days to the Bahamas.

Old 02-09-2012, 07:47 AM

1,452 posts, read 2,993,530 times
I just saw some travel promotions on Good Morning America, one was 50% on an all inclusive in Jamaica. Not a big fan of JA, but some other deals are there too.

'GMA' Deals on Spring Vacation Getaways, Hot Travel Accessories - Yahoo!

Old 02-09-2012, 10:28 AM

194 posts, read 431,219 times
I would do a cruise oout of Charleston!! They are very reasonable and cruises are so fun and relaxing!

Old 02-09-2012, 10:33 AM

3,365 posts, read 10,027,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpocketbooks View Post
Any travel lovers out there care to share some tips with me? My husband and I would like to do a few trips over the next few years before having kids. I would really like to find some websites or get some info on what the cheaper destinations flying out of Charlotte are, particularly to the Carribbean. Our trips will be 4-5 nights only, so nothing further than a 4 hour flight is preferred (no europe). We're open to the west coast too, but we REALLY like all-inclusive destinations which isn't really in the US.

so how can i find deals out of charlotte? is there a search engine somewhere that lets you search by departure city, instead of destination?

thanks
Two questions

(1) What do you class as cheap?

(2) What do you class as all-inclusive containing?

Old 02-09-2012, 11:13 AM

1,554 posts, read 3,370,004 times
Puerto Rico is easy to get to from Charlotte. I love it because it feels "away" but you're in the US and don't have to worry about passports, currency exchange, etc. Beautiful beaches, lots of history, great food and people.

Old 02-09-2012, 12:07 PM

11 posts, read 46,021 times
The Carnival Cruises out of Charleston aren't the best, or exotic by any means, but they are fun and affordable. Try to get on one of their newer ships if possible! Some of their ships are very outdated.

Can't beat it though, $300-$400 for a 5 night cruise.

Old 02-09-2012, 12:43 PM

812 posts, read 1,908,628 times
You can easily fly to Eastern Canadian cities like Toronto, Niagara Falls, Montreal or Quebec City. You can feel like you are in Europe in QC! Love it!

Old 02-09-2012, 02:20 PM

930 posts, read 2,162,363 times
For airline tickets, I use fly.com, for cruises I use cruises.com. I have booked through both of them and been very satisfied. We booked an all inclusive to Cancun a few years ago and it wasn't bad. It didn't take long to get there, it was a direct flight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: