Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2012, 12:55 PM

327 posts, read 1,198,278 times

Advertisements

I'm not sure if there is an ongoing thread about this, but I searched and did not see one.

I'd like to get a discussion/information sharing going regarding the plans for the "Prosperity Village" area, as the construction for I485 has begun up here. The Observer had an article in this past Sunday's paper with a little map identifying potential development areas, and I've poked around online too.

It looks as though there are plans for a Birkdale-esque village at the intersection of Prosperity Church and Eastfield. I'd love to know how far along those plans are and if there are commitments from any particular stores. The Observer map also indicated that the mobile home park may be eliminated in favor of another mixed use development. They have already begun work on the apartment complex behind Harris Teeter.

Exciting changes, but unfortunately possibly at the expense of the otherwise quasi-rural nature of the area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2012, 09:46 AM

6 posts, read 9,952 times
I'm also very curious about what all of the new road construction will do to the area. While I'm excited about the access to the expanded 485, I'm not looking forward to the 2+ years of road work we will be living through until completion.

Old 03-12-2012, 11:02 AM

1 posts, read 1,827 times
We live in the Eastfield development and they have torn down hundreds of trees in the past couple of weeks, not exactly sure if we will have any left when this is done. The woods behind the house was the primary reason I bought my home...it's pretty sad. There is a meeting on the 20th, here is a link to some information.

http://charmeck.org/city/charlotte/e...tyVillage.aspx

Last edited by sarahbrewer73; 03-12-2012 at 11:03 AM.. Reason: Added link

Old 03-12-2012, 11:17 AM

2,353 posts, read 4,656,099 times
I grew up in that area, and before any construction started on 485, there was talk of how that corner - Prosperity & Eastfield - would be developed. It breaks my heart, in a way, to see the trees down and lots cleared. I'm thinking the rural feel of the area will be kept about as well as it's been kept along 485/Providence Road... not at all! That, too, used to be farmland and forest.

I hope, like Providence Road, that just a short way from 485 & the associated development, there will still be plenty of space & trees.

Old 03-12-2012, 11:19 AM

5 posts, read 9,192 times
I live in Highland Creek, eastfield side, and I'm pretty excited...if you Google you can find the 40+ page Prosperity Village development plan out there somewhere.

Looks like there making very quick progress on I-485, the rest of the developers cant be far behind. I think a Birkdale village area near here would be great for property values.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: