Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 11:39 AM

642 posts, read 1,170,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink caddy View Post
OK. I don't get paper statements BUT if it will make your day and you insist that you know more than me about how I bank ...... Yes Phil I get paper statements. Swear on a bible.

There, wasn't that easy?
You are right, City-Data is a lot cheaper than a shrink. Are you feeling better yet?

If it is any consolation, this kind of stuff happens in other countries too. I got screwed out of about $500K in Switzerland by a biiig bank.

Now, I am wary. I am currently with Wells Fargo in the US and am about to buy a couple more houses. Happily I do not need mortgages on them but when I asked WF how they felt about me borrow from them they told me that by credit score was bad and that they could not lend to me. I pointed out that I pay cash for my houses and they were still sorry but more polite.

The banks in the UK are just as voracious. I have now moved all my UK money to smaller organisations as I DO NOT trust the ba$7@rd$.

Hmmm. this works. I feel better too .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2012, 11:43 AM

7,126 posts, read 11,701,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Pink, are you in Savannah?
BOA is masterful at getting you intrenched, so you find it difficult to extricate yourself. Not only are you treated like s**t, but you have been master manipulated too. It is NOT that difficult, however. You get the treatment you deserve.
If you are interested, I know a bank where you can easily get free checking, some with a lot of free services, and some basic, depending upon your balance and banking habits. Free ATMs anywhere, all the time. No hidden fees, and a human being always answers the phone and goes to any length to make sure you are happy. This bank has 8 billion in assets and can offer any and all services that BOA can, but without the hassle. We do, however, charge $35. for wire transfers.
Arriving late Monday Nite and will be there for 10 days.
Let's talk next week.
John

Old 05-12-2012, 11:44 AM

2,118 posts, read 6,373,965 times
How many different ways can they say it? They don't want consumer banking customers!

They make their money on wall street. Not off all the common people that come in to bother them with questions.

Their consumer bank customers are like battered spouses that just won't leave no matter how much they are abused.

Old 05-12-2012, 11:49 AM

GA: BTW I didn't post to the Savannah board bc, as you know, in that town everybody knows your business and identity...LOL. Sometimes that good but sometimes....well you know.

Old 05-12-2012, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cittic10 View Post
How many different ways can they say it? They don't want consumer banking customers!

They make their money on wall street. Not off all the common people that come in to bother them with questions.

Their consumer bank customers are like battered spouses that just won't leave no matter how much they are abused.
But they are all alike. Battered spouses have choices. Battered bank customers have few choices.

Old 05-12-2012, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
That was what I talked about which was in the link that pink caddy posted which isn't really clear.

Do you think that's saying that they do charge to view them online or that they do not charge to view them online? To me that sounds like it's saying they do not charge to view them online, but I could see how in bank speak that may mean that they do.
Correct. In the column description of" imaging @$3.00", it doesn't say that "it allows you to look and print"( for free.)

In any event I am confident that I am going to have these charges removed and the monies returned to my account.

I'll keep the board posted but it may take several days until I can go to the branch and do a face to face. The big problem may be that I can't find anyone to go face to face with!
HELLO, ANYONE HOME? YOU? YOU'RE THE SECURITY GUARD. ANYBODY ELSE?

Old 05-12-2012, 12:12 PM

6,321 posts, read 10,339,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cittic10 View Post

But if pink was a premier something or other then he/she is more than just a "consumer banking customer." Why would all of us commonfolk not have to pay to view checks online but he/she does?

Old 05-12-2012, 01:54 PM

3,914 posts, read 4,971,985 times
The customers at BofA who get real attention are those who are qualified to become a member at U.S. Trust which is BofA's private bank for well off customers.

Old 05-12-2012, 06:10 PM

196 posts, read 428,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frewroad View Post
The customers at BofA who get real attention are those who are qualified to become a member at U.S. Trust which is BofA's private bank for well off customers.
I don't think when people refer to consumer banking they are talking about the MMs net worth required for private banking. BA isn't the only institution to offer Private Banking services, and these services, too, have fees.

Old 05-12-2012, 06:43 PM

748 posts, read 1,771,142 times
BoA called me at 5pm the day before my closing to tell me that, sorry, you need to be at your new job for 60 days before you can close.

I told them that everything I own was on a moving truck. I had to escalate way up in the chain and get them to "waive" their policy that the lower level broker failed to remember. Major stress. I wish Wells would buy my loan from them.

And hey, Caddy, I'm a c-corp now.
And that's corp, not cup.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte