Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 06:44 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,395,538 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink caddy View Post
The only reason I am posting to this forum is bc Charlotte is the corp HQ of this so called bank. It's a vent and maybe someone will understand what I'm talking about. Certainly not the bank in my case.

The short version: Four or five yrs. ago I opened several accounts at BOA and became a "Premier something or other' client. I had a "personal banker" that treated me OK. Two yrs later they got rid of him. No replacement.

Next was an assistant branch manager that worked on the floor of the bank. She was great. Lasted 2 years. Got rid of her.

Next were those 4 people behind a closed door surrounding the perimeter of the bank. They now have gotton rid of 3 of the 4. The fourth told me he's next. Any day now.

Next were 3 tellers. One was reduced to parttime.

Next is my wire fees went to $12 from free.
Next $3.00 "image fee". (guess I'm being charged to look at my account every day?). Will check that in about an hour at the branch if anybody is at home...lol.

Next was my reception at an out of state bank. No status at all until I got to branch manager. He was only a help, sorta, bc it was his first week on the job. Prolly not there now...since that was a month ago.

That's enough. Off my chest now. Thank you City Data. Costs a whole lot less here than going to a shrink.
me too im dont with that i joined a credit union.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2012, 07:00 PM

7,126 posts, read 11,701,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobosCurse View Post
BoA called me at 5pm the day before my closing to tell me that, sorry, you need to be at your new job for 60 days before you can close.

I told them that everything I own was on a moving truck. I had to escalate way up in the chain and get them to "waive" their policy that the lower level broker failed to remember. Major stress. I wish Wells would buy my loan from them.

And hey, Caddy, I'm a c-corp now.
And that's corp, not cup.
When I first thought "cup" I thought of "lower cup" and with you going into unbaked pizza for dinner as a biz venture I thought your "cup" measurement would be a whole lot bigger than a "C". lol

Old 05-12-2012, 08:11 PM

748 posts, read 1,771,142 times
Dude, take and bake is yooooge. It really is. To the tune of me writing a $25,000 check on Monday.
God help me.

Seriously, the pizza is way above average. We've been sampling the competition. Blech.

I'll have private business questions soon, sensei. I'm on a crash course.

Old 05-13-2012, 07:29 AM

7,041 posts, read 15,033,451 times
Question remains for Bank of America: Are Charlotte ties fading? | CharlotteObserver.com & The Charlotte Observer Newspaper

Old 05-13-2012, 07:55 AM

2,221 posts, read 4,390,912 times
I have many accts with BofA and it has been a ok experience. I have car, mortgage, credit card and a few checking/savings accts there. I always anticipate that there will be problems with the 'relationship' but so far so good. Any time a fee pops up I have to call them and they always remove them due to my 'preferred status? Acct'. I refinanced my mortgage in 2010 and outside of having to provide alot of paperwork it seemed normal. I do most my transactions online and main reason I am with this bank is I can find an ATM in most cities and not worry about fees. So basically I don't see any fees from BofA but I certainly expect them to charge them some where down the road. They sure need a good PR company to improve their reputation.

Old 05-13-2012, 05:39 PM

3,914 posts, read 4,971,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH14 View Post
I don't think when people refer to consumer banking they are talking about the MMs net worth required for private banking. BA isn't the only institution to offer Private Banking services, and these services, too, have fees.
The topic is about being a "nobody" at BofA and I was pointing out where you would be considered a "somebody" at this bank. i.e. At their private bank where most of us don't qualify for an invitation to join.

If people find it acceptable to do business at a financial institution, where you constantly have to dodge land mines and if you were to close your account they don't care, then that is their business. However for those who don't qualify for high end service but who want to be considered a "somebody" then they should close their accounts at the Too Big To Fail banks and move to a Credit Union or a small regional bank. A place where the federal government via the taxpayer does not provide the same TBTF guarantee and thus, where they actually care about their customers because they need them to survive.

BofA recently dropped their self proclaimed "Bank of Opportunity" moniker as even they I guess didn't even believe it.

Old 05-13-2012, 08:54 PM

98 posts, read 200,446 times
Default Ncbt

I would strongly suggest going to NCBT. They have several options for checking and savings, etc. They have a totally free checking that is just that...totally free!!!!! I was in and out for setting up my account in about 15 min. Had to call customer service the next day for help setting up my online account (that was my fault) and I didn't hold hardly at all!! Super friendly, amazing service, and no fees!!! A friend of mine works higher up the ladder and not only loves her job but I made certain with her that there were no strings attached to the free account. They also have banks in SC (SCBT) and one other state...(can't think of it right now).

Good luck!

Old 05-13-2012, 11:02 PM

2,186 posts, read 4,182,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bibit612 View Post
THIS is exactly what it means. Why would anyone charge to look at it online???
The article in that link says that the bank closed 6,100 branches in 2009. I guess accuracy is an extra $3.00.

"In a push to get customers online, Bank of America has invested heavily into its web presence, winning multiple awards, while at the same time, closing 6,100 branches back in the sumer of 2009."

Old 05-14-2012, 09:50 AM

335 posts, read 699,490 times
BB&T recently began charging for an imaging fee. I called and opted out, and now I pay no more imaging fee. However, I still get the canceled check images, otherwise they would have to mail me the canceled checks. They are required to by law provide either the canceled check or the image, and so it is laughable that they are attemting to charge for it.

Old 05-14-2012, 12:30 PM

7,126 posts, read 11,701,408 times
Solved ALL my issues at BOA. Cased closed. Ive taken my boxing gloves off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte