Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 08:55 AM

1,259 posts, read 1,588,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by frewroad View Post
This was already reported by the Daily Mail some time ago. The DNC was worried that Obama wasn't going to fill up "Panther Stadium" and didn't want the cameras focused on a 1/2 empty BofA stadium. So they were going to move it to the arena. The weather was a nice excuse for spinning.

Remember they called it before it was announced.

Democrats forced to move Obama's big speech from 74,000-seater outdoor stadium to 20,000-seater indoor arena | Mail Online

Edit: Noticed that it was posted while I was typing this out. Good to see at least a few other people reading the UK press about the USA.
Exactly the UK had this 2 days ago that it was going to happen. The sheep won't believe it. The truth is Obama has been struggling all year. Fundraising is down. If you dig you can find stories of half filled fundraisers for months now. Its nothing new. The bloom is off the rose.

Old 09-05-2012, 08:59 AM

1,763 posts, read 3,299,506 times
The Mail is a more of a tabloid newspaper. I don't know about this conspiracy theory of not being able to fill the stadium. People stood in line for several hours over 4 days to pick up their credentials which BY THE WAY, RAN OUT! They issued 65,000 in addition to all the official people who will be there.

Old 09-05-2012, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex-burgher View Post
The Mail is a more of a tabloid newspaper. I don't know about this conspiracy theory of not being able to fill the stadium. People stood in line for several hours over 4 days to pick up their credentials which BY THE WAY, RAN OUT! They issued 65,000 in addition to all the official people who will be there.
Right you won't believe a UK newspaper, but yet you'll swallow a DNC press release whole.

Old 09-05-2012, 09:08 AM

6,319 posts, read 10,375,362 times
So why were they estimating the whole time that there would only be 35,000 people in attendance for the entire DNC? Either their estimates were way low (if they were going to be able to fill BofA Stadium), or they were never planning on filling it to begin with.

Old 09-05-2012, 09:10 AM

15 posts, read 27,694 times
I'm not with the conspiracy guys here but you have to be honest.

People who waited in line for 4+ hours are delusional because they have a conflict of interest (They waited to get their seats)

So obviously they will be adamant to defend the idea that the stadium would have been filled.

the TRUTH however. It's sunny outside right now.

I guarantee you comes tomorrow that the stadium is going to be bright and sunny.

They are just doing this little stunt because they knew that not enough folks would show up.

& I agree that they are desperate for money. Since I signed up for my community credentials I've gotten 2 emails begging me to donate money to the DNC and Obama.

I have to say that this administration is a joke.

Old 09-05-2012, 09:11 AM

2,340 posts, read 4,638,919 times
Testy, that is because they don't have anymore tickets to give away. They contacted people. It was all over the news. My husband picked up his.

The number was limited as they said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TestyBass View Post
Well I'm royally pissed off right now.

I wanted to go to the speech. I live like 10 minutes from downtown and I've been requesting someone contact me about the community credentials for a week now.

I keep going to this web page

https://my.barackobama.com/page/s/community-credentials

But they keep ignoring me.

I get emails that say

What a crock of sh**. nobody has contacted me by email or phone.

No wonder they cant fill the stadium. They aren't even contacting people who want to attend...? LOL

Old 09-05-2012, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TestyBass View Post
the TRUTH however. It's sunny outside right now.

I guarantee you comes tomorrow that the stadium is going to be bright and sunny.
Huh? Do you have a crystal ball? Also, were you in Charlotte last night? Some pretty intense storms which Charlotte has had a lot of at night recently...

And I forget what time exactly the speech will be but it's not usually "bright and sunny" at night.

Old 09-05-2012, 09:17 AM

15 posts, read 27,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
Huh? Do you have a crystal ball? Also, were you in Charlotte last night? Some pretty intense storms which Charlotte has had a lot of at night recently...

Yeah I was in Charlotte last night. It was a fall rain shower... Big deal!

Doesn't make a difference. They shouldn't be getting peoples hopes up.
If they gave out 65,000 tickets then 65,000 people need to be attending

What about all the people who took time out of work to come visit NC for this speech?
They will be going home empty handed. & to think Obama has done this to them.

Actually I found this funny that the news is saying obama is going to call them so they can hear the speech through their telephones HAHAHAHA.

So let me get this straight. People waited outside for 4+ hours to get these ticket things and the kicker is that they get to listen to some kind of recording through the phone?

What a load of sh**. If I was one of these people who wasted time getting a ticket. I would demand compensation.

They actually had the audacity to tell people afterwards that they will be compensated with another opportunity to see Obama in the future! Haha likely story.
(So they can take more time off work to be let down again? Lol)

Old 09-05-2012, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
So why were they estimating the whole time that there would only be 35,000 people in attendance for the entire DNC? Either their estimates were way low (if they were going to be able to fill BofA Stadium), or they were never planning on filling it to begin with.
Here's the deal. There is just no excitement on the democratic side. Obama might win the election, but it will be due to Romney's High unfavorable rating. I know someone very high up with Speedway Motorsports. They kept changing how many people were going to go. From 150k all the way down to 50k. They finally realized what 50 in the speedway would look like, and it wasn't about the money. They canceled after the deadline to cancel. The Speedway was still paid for the booking.

Old 09-05-2012, 09:20 AM

In semi-related stories:

Keep in mind that Romney's speech was held in a similar sized arena as TWC.

Oh, and if the Democrats really did have trouble getting people to attend this, the Republicans had the same problem in Charlotte as well, where they couldn't even find enough people to hold an event at the Bojangles Coliseum - http://www.wcnc.com/news/politics/Ro...167992676.html

(In the interest of full disclosure I will not be voting for Obama but all this conspiracy crap is ridiculous.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte