Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2012, 12:15 PM

527 posts, read 921,554 times

Advertisements

I am looking for wholesale suppliers who deal in liquidation or refurbished or selling deep discounted new products.

Please let me know if you know of such suppliers in Charlotte or within 100 mile radius of Charlotte.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2012, 08:18 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,624,295 times
We really need to know what category of products, i.e., furniture, fixtures, cabinetry, carpeting, clothing, appliances . . .

Why not set up accounts directly with manufacturers as a wholesale dealer?

Old 10-06-2012, 02:42 PM

I am looking for made in America consumer electronics only. Strictly made in America (50% or more of labor in the entire manufacturing).

Old 10-07-2012, 06:17 AM

8,402 posts, read 24,274,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADA_NC View Post
I am looking for made in America consumer electronics only. Strictly made in America (50% or more of labor in the entire manufacturing).
That's still a wide net. I know from the audio/video market that very little is actually made in the US, until you move up past the mass market products. Even then many companies are assembling products using components made elsewhere. I can't think of a single TV manufacturer here.

Old 10-08-2012, 05:27 AM

What a sad story here..it seems like we Americans just stopped manufacturing everything..

I could not find any decent consumer electronics manufacturer in US...

Old 10-08-2012, 07:10 AM

8,402 posts, read 24,274,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADA_NC View Post
What a sad story here..it seems like we Americans just stopped manufacturing everything..

I could not find any decent consumer electronics manufacturer in US...
Some of the best manufacturers of audio gear are here in the US. B&K and Theta Digital, for instance. Some speakers from Martin Logan and Klipsch are USA made. But you're not going to find them without doing some research. These companies don't have a well known presence outside of the people who are interested in their products. You could live in a cave and know who Sony is, but most people have never and will never hear(d) of Magnepan:

The Story Behind Magnepan

Magnepan has been manufacturing innovative, world class stereo speakers for 42 years. Jim Winey, the inventor of the Magneplanar loudspeaker, first owned electrostatic loudspeakers and began experimenting to design an improved electrostatic speaker. In 1969, Jim invented the Magneplanar, a thin-film magnetic equivalent to the electrostat and founded Magnepan.
Corporate and manufacturing facilities are located in White Bear Lake, Minnesota, a small community north of the Twin Cities of St. Paul and Minneapolis. Having outgrown its original facilities, Magnepan's current plant is over 50,000 square feet in addition to corporate and engineering offices. To date, over 200,000 pairs of Magneplanar loudspeakers have found their way into the homes of music lovers the world over.
Magneplanars are American-made with virtually all American parts. And we are proud to say-- They are sold in China.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: