Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 07:58 PM

29 posts, read 142,275 times

Advertisements

To all Current, Former and Relatives of CMC employees:

I've just accepted a position as a mid-level clinician with CMC Main in Charlotte. Just to get started has been a long, tedious issue and very inconvenient. All the former employees that I've talked to began stories of their experiences with a BIG sigh and/or eye-roll.
Is it really that bad? Should I run for my life?

I've had 2 different hospital experiences in my life. In Hospital A: Most were polite, helpful and friendly. People in Hospital B wouldnt spit on you if you were on fire. How does CMC rate? Are they well staffed, well stocked with supplies and clean? Or is it a dank, empty pit with a multitude of lawsuits???

Would you recommend it?

I need your opinions! Feel free to PM if you would like to respond privately.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2007, 06:05 AM

245 posts, read 267,749 times
While I have never worked there personally a company I did work for a few years back did contract work on the PC's network etc.... On the business side of it everyone for the most part seemed happy and committed. On the other hand like any big business you will get the nay sayers it doesn't matter how good the company is.

Old 10-10-2007, 06:35 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stokes718 View Post

I've just accepted a position as a mid-level clinician with CMC Main in Charlotte. Just to get started has been a long, tedious issue and very inconvenient. All the former employees that I've talked to began stories of their experiences with a BIG sigh and/or eye-roll.

I've had 2 different hospital experiences in my life. In Hospital A: Most were polite, helpful and friendly. People in Hospital B wouldnt spit on you if you were on fire. How does CMC rate? Are they well staffed, well stocked with supplies and clean? Or is it a dank, empty pit with a multitude of lawsuits???

Would you recommend it?

The people I know who work there have worked there for years - they enjoy their jobs a lot.

Old 10-10-2007, 07:40 AM

4,729 posts, read 19,430,380 times
They have a good rep.

My gf was just in Piedmont and there were only 2 nurses were really nice. Most of the people were a little weird and not much was coordinated well with different staff members telling her different things. Pretty frustrating.

Old 10-10-2007, 12:16 PM

3,574 posts, read 14,344,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stokes718 View Post

Would you recommend it?

Did you not research the position better or visit the facility before you commited to it? What will you be doing in this position? You really can't go by what experiences a staff person/RN would have, because if by "midlevel clinician" you mean NP or PA, those experiences aren't even close. CMC is a great place to work in some aspects and a pain in others. Just depends on what you value and what your expectations are, and that's what you evaluate before you sign a contract. Good luck in whatever you chose to do.

Old 10-10-2007, 06:27 PM

29 posts, read 142,275 times
I really, really, really, really, really hope you guys are right. Really.
All of this aggravation is giving me a bad vibe about this place. But I'm trying not to make any hasty decisions.
The people I spoke to were of different professions, but their complaints were general. One of the comments directly correlates with the issue I'm having now.

Old 10-11-2007, 02:10 AM

94 posts, read 356,444 times
My mother has worked for CMC for almost 30 years, and as much as she loves her job, the last 5-7 years at CMC have been horrible and the place has changed dramatically. There is backstabbing and deceit like you would not believe and it all filters down to making working there a challenge. She is eagerly looking forward to retiring in 2 years - in case you're wondering why she hasn't retired earlier its because they stripped her of 12 years of work experience when they changed management and those years no longer counted towards her retirement. That is the kind of crap she has had to deal with and for her own piece of mind I can't wait for her retirement to arrive.

Old 10-11-2007, 08:28 PM
amp

519 posts, read 1,516,184 times
Can someone please clarify if this post regarding CMC is one specific medical center or the entire group of medical centers. I am currently looking for a position within the Carolina's healthcare system but currenlty do not live in the area so have yet to experience the facilities themselves. I am in a allied healthcare field which can eithor be within the clinical or outpatient setting. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Old 10-12-2007, 08:43 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amp View Post
Can someone please clarify if this post regarding CMC is one specific medical center or the entire group of medical centers. I am currently looking for a position within the Carolina's healthcare system but currenlty do not live in the area so have yet to experience the facilities themselves. I am in a allied healthcare field which can eithor be within the clinical or outpatient setting. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
The original poster was talking about the big main hospital uptown. I am still not so sure her concerns are valid, though anything is possible.

Old 10-12-2007, 09:12 AM

1,304 posts, read 4,322,293 times
CMC is a huge outfit with many campuses. My sister has recently been diagnosed with breast cancer and I have visited many of them (CMC-Main, CMC-Monroe, CMC-Breast Wing) with her in the last month. Some departments are definitely more customer friendly than others but, for the most part, I believe everyone we have dealt with is caring and professional. I don't think it is possible to paint the whole of CMC with a single paint brush. And, I'm not sure people will speak up and tell you the positives as readily as they will the negatives. So, I do hope you consider the sources and take all comments with a grain of salt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: