Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 06:44 AM

1,435 posts, read 5,769,088 times

Advertisements

Any recommendations for a company that can remove a squirrel in my attic? I just figured out what the noise I was hearing occasionally was

Went up there this morning and a huge squirrel came down from the master bedroom trey ceiling framing, stood on top of a box and asked me why I was in HIS attic

Wife says I can't trap it myself, worried I will get bitten blah blah blah

Of course it's a full on war now.

Any feedback on wildlife removal companies would be great
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2013, 07:33 AM

1,079 posts, read 2,502,271 times
sure you can trap it. get one of those, um, what are they called, oh yeah...a squirrel trap. you'll have him caught in no time, then take him somewhere and release him. or grill him up, it's up to you.

Old 01-27-2013, 07:54 AM

1,435 posts, read 5,769,088 times
just spoke to a1wildlife...he says he is the top guy on Angie's list for squirrel removal.

Coming out tomorrow morning. This isn't cheap!

Old 01-27-2013, 09:11 AM
cfr

152 posts, read 373,964 times
We had a possum under the house in crawl space.Went to animal control, got a trap, asked what they ate, next morning GOT HIM. They came and picked it up. CHEAP ! I don't know about squirrels though.

Old 01-27-2013, 11:54 AM

3,774 posts, read 8,197,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlottean View Post
just spoke to a1wildlife...he says he is the top guy on Angie's list for squirrel removal.

Coming out tomorrow morning. This isn't cheap!
Buy a trap. It will be much cheaper. Just make sure you find where's he's coming in and block it up.

Old 01-27-2013, 11:21 PM

403 posts, read 878,455 times
Yes, buy a trap as another poster stated....set it up with something like peanut butter...put it in the attic....wha la.....caged squirrel!! My husband did that, and then transported the squirrel across town. Sure hope he/she wasn't ours, as he/she was making our home look like swiss cheese!!

Old 02-03-2013, 10:50 AM

1,515 posts, read 1,225,652 times
Jeff Johnston Pest Control does all my wildlife work. 704-398-4999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlottean View Post
Any recommendations for a company that can remove a squirrel in my attic? I just figured out what the noise I was hearing occasionally was

Went up there this morning and a huge squirrel came down from the master bedroom trey ceiling framing, stood on top of a box and asked me why I was in HIS attic

Wife says I can't trap it myself, worried I will get bitten blah blah blah

Of course it's a full on war now.

Any feedback on wildlife removal companies would be great

Old 02-03-2013, 11:13 AM

150 posts, read 143,343 times
We wanted a humane squirrel prevention method so put a high powered strobe light made specifically for rodent control in the attic. Plugged it in every evening at dusk for about a month. They left and never came back and we knew not one was 'disposed' of. I think we bought it from Amazon. This was a couple of yrs ago. We did eventually have a roofer find and repair the apparent way in.

Old 02-03-2013, 06:47 PM

2,028 posts, read 5,430,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joni78 View Post
We wanted a humane squirrel prevention method so put a high powered strobe light made specifically for rodent control in the attic. Plugged it in every evening at dusk for about a month. They left and never came back and we knew not one was 'disposed' of. I think we bought it from Amazon. This was a couple of yrs ago. We did eventually have a roofer find and repair the apparent way in.
Lol- our cat "disposes" of squirrels in our yard occasionally!

Old 02-10-2013, 11:22 AM

3 posts, read 4,021 times
Removed For advertising? I told the OP publicly what we charge for that type of work. I NEVER gave a company name, phone number or sent a private message. And my screen name is nothing related to the company or the name.

Please tell me how I violated your rules.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte