Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2012, 08:54 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,630,850 times

Advertisements

Romney lost because there were not enough decent Americans to vote for him. He won in North Carolina for the very same reason. Decent people did vote for him. Everyone gets to choose whether they vote for a decent or corrupt America.

Corruption won nationwide. Decent people won in North Carolina but we are almost being overpowered here too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2012, 09:36 AM

9,116 posts, read 17,728,403 times
If both republicans and democrats were truly serious about tackling the nations problems (entitlements,broadening the base, tax loopholes), they would do the right thing.

Unfortunately, all they care about is reelection 1st and thats why these political games continue to happen. Also, they are all beholden to lobbyists who want repayment after they get elected...

Can anyone answer why repubs and dems don't adopt the Simpson Bowles plan which broadens the base, lowers tax rates and tackles the gorilla of medicare and social security? It is NOT perfect, but a good plan gives both sides some of what they want but not everything....

Old 11-10-2012, 09:43 AM

1,177 posts, read 2,240,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coped View Post
Does it make you feel better to believe this? Why would you ruin a marginally coherent post with such baloney?
You may label frewroad's post as "baloney" and I'll label yours as smug snarkishness from a millennial who thinks he knows everything because he has a liberal arts degree or two. Doesn't solve much, but I guess it is one way to pass the time.

That's the great thing about the truth, it is still the truth regardless of opinion. There's a lot of truth to frew's post.

Old 11-10-2012, 09:43 AM

2,603 posts, read 5,021,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Romney lost because there were not enough decent Americans to vote for him. He won in North Carolina for the very same reason. Decent people did vote for him. Everyone gets to choose whether they vote for a decent or corrupt America.

Corruption won nationwide. Decent people won in North Carolina but we are almost being overpowered here too.
This is the kind of talk that will make the Republicans a non-entity on the national stage within 12 years.

Old 11-10-2012, 09:45 AM

2,603 posts, read 5,021,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amploud View Post
You may label frewroad's post as "baloney" and I'll label yours as smug snarkishness from a millennial who thinks he knows everything because he has a liberal arts degree or two. Doesn't solve much, but I guess it is one way to pass the time.

That's the great thing about the truth, it is still the truth regardless of opinion. There's a lot of truth to frew's post.
The racially charged stuff is baloney. It ruined the rest of his post. What on earth does implying that Obama only won because he was black solve? What on earth does claiming of politicians "they're all the same" solve? There are some similarities on some foreign policies, but to pretend there is no difference is going too far, I believe.

I'm no millennial. Let's not digress into personal accusations here.

Old 11-10-2012, 10:28 AM

3,914 posts, read 4,974,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getatag View Post
Wow! Lotta good common sense here, with the exception of the last sentence.
Thank you for the comments. Oh I did vote. I won't let them take that away from me too, but I decided this isn't a binary decision. In NC you could have voted Libertarian or write in a candidate.

I couldn't, in good conscience, bring myself to vote for either Obama or Romney and I couldn't bring myself to vote for either McCrory or Dalton. IMO McCrory only listened to the people of Charlotte when it suited him and I don't like who is pulling his strings, and Dalton was part of the corruption that plagues the Democratic party in North Carolina.

For me, it's no longer voting for the lesser of two evils. I've decided to simply not vote for evil. Thus I don't get caught up in the dogma and celebrity worship.

Old 11-10-2012, 11:58 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,498,031 times
Romney lost b/c a slice of voters feel the GOP is out of touch on key social issues.

Old 11-10-2012, 01:37 PM

3,183 posts, read 7,204,711 times
I would like to say something about McCrory and why I didnt vote for him, He was mayor in charlotte when the voters made it very clear they did not want the coliseum on tyvola torn down while we stilled owed over 40 million on it. We did not want an arena up town. That referendum passed but within a few months McCrory was back at it pushing for the same thing and this time they made sure the voters had no say..He knew without question what the majority of charlotte voters wanted but instead he did what the big business cronies of his wanted,. Also I know for a fact that this jerk has had dinner at least a dozen times at this one upscale restaurant and HE NEVER LEAVES A PENNY FOR THE TIP..What kind of person would do that...We in NC better guard our money is all I can say. He is a flake .

Old 11-10-2012, 02:08 PM

221 posts, read 358,027 times
Back in 2008 Obama won in North Carolina against McCain, but this time he lost in North Carolina to Romney
I think North Carolina now leans right but Mecklenburg county leans left. Also many cities in North Carolina
lean left, but it's the rural areas that go to the right. Romney lost this election because he cant relate to middle class people.
The GOP is the minority.

Old 11-10-2012, 02:10 PM

75 posts, read 167,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post

O.K., come on. It's okay to disagree with people who hold political opinions that differ from your own, but to say those people are not decent Americans is just ridiculous. This is exactly the sort of rhetoric that turns people off to the Republican Party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte