Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2012, 06:54 PM

1 posts, read 1,420 times

Advertisements

I am 21/m going to graduate in May and am looking for an apartment in Uptown or South End. Any insight on which apartment complexes have young professionals in their 20's? Or any suggestions on apartment complexes that I should look into in the area? Thanks, any help would be greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2012, 08:26 PM

88 posts, read 129,747 times
They all do. Pick one! Post Uptown. Cotten Mill. The Arbors.

Old 12-05-2012, 10:41 PM

7,076 posts, read 12,348,627 times
^^^Yeah, I'd add Ashton, Catalyst, and Millenium to that list as well. All of them are 90% (or better) young professionals.

Old 12-05-2012, 10:50 PM

5,150 posts, read 7,764,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
^^^Yeah, I'd add Ashton, Catalyst, and Millenium to that list as well. All of them are 90% (or better) young professionals.
Does that mean they won't turn that damn music down?

Old 12-05-2012, 11:00 PM

7,076 posts, read 12,348,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCharlotte View Post
Does that mean they won't turn that damn music down?
You'd have to pick your poison on that one. Would you rather hear their music, or would you rather hear the sounds that their loud music was meant to drown out? With that said, living in one of the high density Southend developments is almost like living on a college campus. Obviously, many young professionals actually want that (being that many such folks just left college).

Old 12-19-2012, 12:17 AM

3 posts, read 4,042 times
Most popular apartments in South End are: Post South End, Mosaic, 1225 S Church, Camden South End

I live in Mosaic, I wouldn't say it's like living in a dorm...I actually don't know many people who live here. A young professional apartment complex is going to have a lot of people traveling and moving in and out. Most of the buildings throw social mixers at nearby bars, but turnout varies from event to event. Mosaic has a nice, respectful crowd for the most part. I feel like Post South End and 1225 are much less picky when it comes to residents.

I like the area, it's growing and it's starting to feel more urban, but I'm not sure it's worth the price.

Old 12-26-2012, 02:44 PM

20 posts, read 30,622 times
I live in Post Uptown, and I'm a big fan (and in my mid 20s btw). My apartment is really quiet (I never hear my neighbors). That is super important to me, and was one of the negative things I heard about a lot of the places in SouthEnd. However a coworker lives on the other side of the building (its like a figure 8 around parking deck and pool) and can hear neighbors in the hallway (so not through the walls or anything which I think is the WORST part of apartment living). A great place being uptown IMO. There's a bar on the first floor, and always people out around the pool in the summer.

I also love that its not a complex, and they did a really good job making it look and feel like an old building that has been rehabbed (some apartments have reclaimed wood floors, definitely a lofty vibe, etc). Don't know if that's what you're looking for but a positive in my book.

The (fmr) Arbors (now Uptown Gardens) have been going through renovation recently, so they might be worth looking at, but I've only seen the construction crews, never the inside of any of the buildings so no first hand experience on that one.

Also.. I used to live in a complex that was built by Circle (the people who developed Post Southend, used to be Circle Southend) and the construction of that building was incredibly bad, acoustics seemed to amplify noise from other apartments, and their so-called green construction meant my bedroom had a 10 degree temperature difference than the rest of the apartment

Old 12-26-2012, 08:06 PM

37 posts, read 55,997 times
I live in Post Southend/Circle now facing the light rail. For the most part, it's quiet. I never hear my neighbors except if they're throwing a party on a Friday night (which one frequently does a couple doors down). There's a lot of activity going on around with the bars close by and people walking to and from the rail, but I find it, for lack of a better word, comforting. Tons and TONS of young professionals live here. The majority of them are very nice.

That said, I am moving out in May because of the jacked up rent and I find Elizabeth/Selwyn more my scene.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte