Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2012, 05:43 AM

1,585 posts, read 1,935,427 times

Advertisements

Public transportation would be so much better without the public.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2012, 07:36 AM

748 posts, read 1,773,012 times
I had to stay at a Ramada Inn recently. Which is already bad in itself. The entire staff was of a certain ethnicity.
The whole place reeked of BO. My room smelled so bad, and that smell mixed with cleaning supply chemicals had my head spinning. Luckily it was only 3 nights.

Old 12-08-2012, 10:53 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,567,001 times
Please don't say more about folks using the mass transit around here smelling bad b/c Mayor Foxx and cronies will decide that since we taxpayers don't like the smelly riders, we need to provide them all with a full new wardrobe and laundry service. Gotta keep things upscale for the lowscale patrons. Let's make sure everyone has everything, especially those snobs and haters who pay the taxes.

That is what "affordable" really means - it is code language for making sure those who can't afford a middle class life style get one - at taxpayer expense.

Old 12-08-2012, 11:24 AM

2,603 posts, read 5,027,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Please don't say more about folks using the mass transit around here smelling bad b/c Mayor Foxx and cronies will decide that since we taxpayers don't like the smelly riders, we need to provide them all with a full new wardrobe and laundry service. Gotta keep things upscale for the lowscale patrons. Let's make sure everyone has everything, especially those snobs and haters who pay the taxes.

That is what "affordable" really means - it is code language for making sure those who can't afford a middle class life style get one - at taxpayer expense.
Really, ani? Really? You're going to go there. Disappointing.

Old 12-08-2012, 03:38 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,670,746 times
Someone on a train had a smell? Oh the horror... and I bet the OP didn't get up and move to prove a point.

Old 12-08-2012, 05:57 PM

5,150 posts, read 7,773,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post

The homeless in Charlotte have access to showers, laundry and clothing. The reasons they are homeless are often due to mental issues and that's why some choose not to partake.

For a cautionary tale check out: The Man Who Smelled Too Much - Page 1 - News - Los Angeles - LA Weekly

Old 12-08-2012, 06:53 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,670,746 times
I've worked at homeless shelters and drugs and mental illness are the main reason they are without shelter.

Most homeless people smell and a shower and a washing machine can't take the funk off of a person who has to carry their belongings with them 24 hours a day.

A homeless person isn't proactive about showering and washing clothes... every once and a while you run into a compulsive person who takes pride in being clean but the average homeless person doesn't smell... In their minds WE are the ones who stink.

Last edited by Feltdesigner; 12-08-2012 at 07:03 PM..

Old 12-08-2012, 08:49 PM

748 posts, read 1,773,012 times
Homeless is one thing, but a dual income couple with Masters degrees and no kids making $200k in America should be able to realize they are no longer in the third world and TAKE A FREAKING SHOWER. I can't understand how the couple that rented my property could run up an $80 water bill.

When in Rome...wash that sh**.

I had to work in that stench every day at a certain corporate HQ. I hear it's much, much worse now.

Someone should start a bathroom thread next. If Wolf doesn't have a private bathroom on the 7th floor, he/she might get a chuckle.

Old 12-09-2012, 08:31 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,641,217 times
It's a shame that everyone doesn't meet up to your standards. You may want to stop and think that at some point you probably annoyed someone else out in public.

Old 12-09-2012, 09:35 AM

1,508 posts, read 2,983,353 times
Ever ride packed bus with the A/C busted, in the summer? Whew. I've had to cover my nose and breathe through my mouth. If you own a car, be thankful you have the *choice* whether to ride.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte