Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Charlotte or Atlanta
Charlotte (growing and good for family's better traffic better scnenery) 18 66.67%
Atlanta (more things to do better opportunities and room to grow) 9 33.33%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2012, 05:44 PM

123 posts, read 192,670 times

Advertisements

Okay yes, I live in Charlotte and in my opinion it's not that diverse (that's just my opinion). I can count so let me clarify myself. I was referring to the most the 4 biggest research universities in the area: Georgia tech, UGA, Emory, and Georgia State. I threw Morehouse and Spelman in there as a bonus. I didn't mention anything about Charlotte because I was referring to Atlanta (not to offend anyone but I do think that the schools I mentioned in Atlanta are ranked a little higher than the ones in Charlotte, not saying that the universities in Charlotte aren't good ones, but I think Atlanta may have a case there). Charlotte is indeed established but Atlanta is MORE established due to the aforementioned reasons in my last post and the real estate market is cheaper in Atlanta (I am still looking in both and there are some steals in Atlanta right now , you should check it out.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2012, 07:17 PM

1,355 posts, read 2,678,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by super karate man View Post
Okay yes, I live in Charlotte and in my opinion it's not that diverse (that's just my opinion). I can count so let me clarify myself. I was referring to the most the 4 biggest research universities in the area: Georgia tech, UGA, Emory, and Georgia State. I threw Morehouse and Spelman in there as a bonus. I didn't mention anything about Charlotte because I was referring to Atlanta (not to offend anyone but I do think that the schools I mentioned in Atlanta are ranked a little higher than the ones in Charlotte, not saying that the universities in Charlotte aren't good ones, but I think Atlanta may have a case there). Charlotte is indeed established but Atlanta is MORE established due to the aforementioned reasons in my last post and the real estate market is cheaper in Atlanta (I am still looking in both and there are some steals in Atlanta right now , you should check it out.)
Which university ranking is higher is irrelevant. The OP could go with either city because both have exactly what she's looking for.

I moved from FL not too long ago, and before relocating to Charlotte, I considered other possible Southern cities (Atlanta included) and noticed the differences in prices in the type of neighborhoods I was looking for. Charlotte had cheaper choices for more house (which is one of the things Charlotte is known for).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte