Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 08:06 PM

83 posts, read 268,998 times

Advertisements

Hello All,

I had a quick question I am having spinal surgery this thursday and wanted to see if anyone on the forums has ever had an XLIF spine surgery and if so what should I expect the Dr.s tell you one thing but i would like to hear a personal story.

My Dr. is Dr Kwon from total spine and care.

Any info would be great
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2009, 03:41 AM

1,497 posts, read 3,361,767 times
I've never had spinal surgery , or any surgery , but I can suggest partaking in a cloned reproduction or mechanical replacement. With the latter , I believe they make the nervous connection at the stem via microsurgery on the molecular level. The former they clone before an accelerated growth procedure that requires about 3 weeks to match your parameters.

Old 12-02-2009, 04:28 AM

7,125 posts, read 11,739,012 times
I had surgery similar to what you are going to have when micro surgery was first introduced in the United States. My surgery was done through a 3" wide opening on my back toward the lower part of the spine.

After suffering for years with back pain that prevented me from even walking 2-3 days every two months I have been free of pain since the disk was removed for quite a number of years now.

After the surgery I walked out of the hospital in 3 or 4 days and was mobile but took it nice and easy for about 2 months.

I'm impressed with the hospital your doctor took his residency.

Good luck on Thurs.

Old 12-02-2009, 02:16 PM

Thanks IM glad to see a positive outlook on this... kinda of puts the mind at ease

Old 12-02-2009, 02:23 PM

2,186 posts, read 4,197,738 times
I know Dr. Kwon and his associate Dr. Goldberger in pain management and I found them to be arrogant SOBs.

Old 12-02-2009, 02:30 PM

^^^^I have absolutely no knowledge of the Dr.s but I would say this:"Arrogant "doesn't mean one damn thing IF the guy going into my spinal cord knows what he is doing.BTW 5 min. after they put you to sleep all that matters is his smarts and conversation is held to a minimum.lol

Old 12-02-2009, 03:58 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,671,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-LI View Post
I know Dr. Kwon and his associate Dr. Goldberger in pain management and I found them to be arrogant SOBs.
I have never heard anyone say anything about their bedside manner, but I do have a friend who has spoken very highly of Dr. Kwon's skill.

I am like Pink . . . I don't care how personable a doc is . . . as long as he understands my Dx and can treat me effectively.

Old 12-16-2009, 11:03 AM

I think Dr Kwon is awesome, I have seen a lot of drs for my spine over my time and I find him to be the most forth comming with information,

I had the surgery December 4th, so far everything is as he stated i was able to walk around the first night, after surgery, but as he said i would have pain, and I wont know a difference until about 6 weeks,

So i can say he is pretty good at what he does as he has hit the nail on the head up to this point, I just hope it goes the same way all the way though,

Im having a rough time sleeping right now and the back pain (Im assuming from the surgery) sucks but he says it will get better and I believe him arrogant or not

Old 12-16-2009, 11:47 AM

I don't want to say "I told you so" but I'll say it anyway...that's great news!!!!

Old 12-16-2009, 10:40 PM

2,186 posts, read 4,197,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iikingli View Post
I think Dr Kwon is awesome, I have seen a lot of drs for my spine over my time and I find him to be the most forth comming with information,

I had the surgery December 4th, so far everything is as he stated i was able to walk around the first night, after surgery, but as he said i would have pain, and I wont know a difference until about 6 weeks,

So i can say he is pretty good at what he does as he has hit the nail on the head up to this point, I just hope it goes the same way all the way though,

Im having a rough time sleeping right now and the back pain (Im assuming from the surgery) sucks but he says it will get better and I believe him arrogant or not
That's great news! Make sure that you follow through on any rehab that you are directed to. The more that you exercise (as directed), the easier and painless it will be to move in the future. Don't try to do too much too soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte