Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2013, 11:03 AM

3 posts, read 4,506 times

Advertisements

Iam looking to buy a new home.Which place is better for resell point of view.

I have a daughter - will go to school next year--so good school district is requried.
I need to commute to uptown daily
I am looking from 275K to 330K
Good resale value

At present i have 2 communities in mind

one is in FortMill -Springfield.not sure what are the other communities i can look for.This particular community has Lennar homes in the rate range iam looking for.The Hoem plans are not that great.But not known they are worth buyign ther with almost $1550 HOA.Not sure how the schools are compared to other areas like Union o****y and ballentyne.

Otherone is Holister in Union county.
- i liked the homes and it is in the range iam looking with nice amneties.
- Looks commute is very hectic to travel to uptown daily.
- i think i have to go to atelast 5 to 10 miles for everything from this community.

Can some one suggest me whcih one is better.ARe anyone suggest me better communties than these two with above requrments.

i need to deside quick.Could somebody please help me in this regard.

thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2013, 08:34 AM

4,041 posts, read 4,959,730 times
You can also check out communities north of Uptown in Cabarrus County. There is a neighborhood of Lennar homes. The schools are really good. You would be within 20-25 minutes of uptown.

Old 02-17-2013, 09:00 AM

177 posts, read 447,982 times
You're looking at a solid hour commute from Holister. You wouldn't have to drive 10 miles for amenities from there, though, as Wesley Chapel has a lot to offer. Springfield is very nice and if you can find a house there in that price range, your commute to Uptown would be way shorter than Holister. I can't speak directly about schools in Ft Mill, but I think they are good for Springfield.

Old 02-17-2013, 10:14 AM

430 posts, read 804,310 times
I live quite close to Hollister, and I find I don't need to drive far for things other than my own clothes shopping and my son's swim lessons. I love the area, and the schools are excellent. Can't speak of the other area as I don't know it, but I highly recommend WC.

Old 02-17-2013, 11:09 AM

1,969 posts, read 3,596,855 times
Keep in mind that in some areas that have a high number of transplants, the schools may currently have an enrollment freeze.

Old 02-17-2013, 11:28 AM

1,435 posts, read 5,767,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jak0927 View Post
Iam looking to buy a new home.Which place is better for resell point of view.

I have a daughter - will go to school next year--so good school district is requried.
I need to commute to uptown daily
I am looking from 275K to 330K
Good resale value

At present i have 2 communities in mind

one is in FortMill -Springfield.not sure what are the other communities i can look for.This particular community has Lennar homes in the rate range iam looking for.The Hoem plans are not that great.But not known they are worth buyign ther with almost $1550 HOA.Not sure how the schools are compared to other areas like Union o****y and ballentyne.

Otherone is Holister in Union county.
- i liked the homes and it is in the range iam looking with nice amneties.
- Looks commute is very hectic to travel to uptown daily.
- i think i have to go to atelast 5 to 10 miles for everything from this community.

Can some one suggest me whcih one is better.ARe anyone suggest me better communties than these two with above requrments.

i need to deside quick.Could somebody please help me in this regard.

thanks

The HOA in the Lennar section of Sprinfield includes a membership to the Anne Springs complex/greenway thing

Old 02-17-2013, 11:37 AM

3 posts, read 4,506 times
Iam really worried about the commute to the uptown from Waxhaw.I drove to the place in the peek hour from uptown and it took me almost an hour and which is almost double the time to Fortmill..

Also would like to know how is the resale fo the property if i change my job in future.will it be esay to resell my home in Holister community.

can someone suggest me in terms of commute/resale/schools,overall which one is better?
Not sure,if i can simple live with that one hour commute .But ,felt driving on providence rd in peek hours is very frustrating...is it really worth spending so much time in commute to live there?

Can some one suggest me if there are any other neighbourhoods that i can consider other than these 2 by considering the above things.

Totally confused.

Old 02-17-2013, 12:22 PM

1 posts, read 1,467 times
Question Interested in Springfield Fort mill SC

I am also looking to buy in Springfield at Fort mill SC as it looks like resale is going to be easy.
It has very good amenities, golf course and anne springs close greenway.
Also Lennar is building in my budget of 320s.

Is there any other community around in Fort mill or Charlotte that can beat Springfield in resale value?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte