Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 10:27 PM

11,839 posts, read 29,074,167 times

Advertisements

If they're working on cars late at night call the cops. We had issues with some jackwads in back of us who didn't think anything about testing engines at 1 in the morning. The cops will tell them to stop. The next thing that will happen is the neighbors will take the numbers off their house thinking that the cops won't know where they are. Talking to people like that is a waste of time. More than likely they won't answer the door when they're home anyways.

What worked in our case was having all the neighbors surrounding them calling 911 on them every time they thought they could get away with something. THey still have 20+ cars in their driveway but they don't make any noise anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2013, 01:16 AM

8,825 posts, read 7,354,776 times
That's not how "we do things in Belgium". That's how you stay out of things in the US and any country in the world...MYOB...it's better and safer..let them get caught by the cops or whomever. And if what they do is illegal, they will get caught eventually.

Old 02-23-2013, 09:16 AM

3,183 posts, read 7,232,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingowl View Post
If they're working on cars late at night call the cops. We had issues with some jackwads in back of us who didn't think anything about testing engines at 1 in the morning. The cops will tell them to stop. The next thing that will happen is the neighbors will take the numbers off their house thinking that the cops won't know where they are. Talking to people like that is a waste of time. More than likely they won't answer the door when they're home anyways.

What worked in our case was having all the neighbors surrounding them calling 911 on them every time they thought they could get away with something. THey still have 20+ cars in their driveway but they don't make any noise anymore.
Good for you. In charlotte you cant have cars in you driveway that are "junkers" broken down and not being driven..I pulled an antique car out of my shop for 2 days while I worked on the shop floor and the SOB code cop gave me a warning ticket,,,,,

Old 02-23-2013, 09:24 AM

821 posts, read 1,864,238 times
If something like this is going on in my neighborhood, and it's going to affect the value of my property (note the house for sale you mentioned, which will lose value because of neighborhood "curb appearance" ) I am dang sure going to call code enforcement. It's affecting you, your property, and the neighborhood. Talk with Code Enforcement via telephone and tell them the problem and that you and your neighbors do not want a confrontation with the pseudo auto repair shop owners. Once ID'd by the county, they will follow up and take it out of our hands. When it comes to something that affects me directly, I deal with it and if some bonehead wants to make an issue about it, then I'll deal with whomever is offended by my actions. Note that you might have to file more than one complaint before the offenders have to start paying some fines. You need to handle it.

Old 02-23-2013, 09:51 AM

52 posts, read 62,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crestliner View Post
Good for you. In charlotte you cant have cars in you driveway that are "junkers" broken down and not being driven..I pulled an antique car out of my shop for 2 days while I worked on the shop floor and the SOB code cop gave me a warning ticket,,,,,
Another crock of **** law from an over regulated city just looking to make a buck.

Old 02-23-2013, 10:50 AM

3,183 posts, read 7,232,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Styrofoam View Post
Another crock of **** law from an over regulated city just looking to make a buck.
The code enforsement cops are slackers. Once my son parked beside our driveway on the grass because the driveway wasnt wide enough for 3 cars. The code cops gave him a ticket saying that the car was on the grass..OK I understand this BUT the next door neighbor was doing the same thing and doing it at the time of my ticket YET the code cop didnt issue a ticket to the neighbor..WHY? Why am I breaking the code and my neighbor not? The code cop is a moron and out taxes pay his salary

Old 02-23-2013, 10:53 AM

52 posts, read 62,818 times
Its the type of **** that happens when people flood in from the new england states.

Old 02-23-2013, 11:15 AM

7,041 posts, read 15,092,362 times
Quote:
Its the type of **** that happens when people flood in from the new england states.
seriously?

Old 02-23-2013, 11:16 AM

7,041 posts, read 15,092,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieZ View Post
That's not how "we do things in Belgium". That's how you stay out of things in the US and any country in the world...MYOB...it's better and safer..let them get caught by the cops or whomever. And if what they do is illegal, they will get caught eventually.
indeed.

Old 02-23-2013, 11:32 AM

1,889 posts, read 2,926,489 times
Quote:
cafful now...I was thinking more NJ or NY rather than New England. I can't speak for MA, CT, NH, and VT but Mainers know how to mind their own business when it comes to someone trying to make an honest living rather than operating a meth lab or livin' off the government.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte