Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 07:06 PM

19 posts, read 46,171 times

Advertisements

We were down in the area looking at all the subdivisions, trying to figure out what would work best for my family. But for some reason I totally missed Hollister, not sure why. If felt like we looked at all of them. Curious, how many homes in Hollister, if there is new construction, what are the amentities, what ever information would be great! My 11 year old who only wears Hollister, would love to tell there friends in NY that we are moving to Hollister....LOL

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2013, 08:22 PM

1,895 posts, read 6,172,281 times
Hollister was started by Shea around 2006. Closing prices were typically at least $400,000 (depending on what was inside the home) with some homes closing over $600,000. When the market declined, Shea stopped building there (generally around 2009 or 2010). I have been told that Shea re-negotiated the price of the land with the bank, and then began building in there again in 2012. Because the land prices were lower, closing prices are lower now on average, with homes generally closing in the $300,000 to mid to high $400,000 range (some a bit over $500K), again depending on the finishings and size of the home.

The neighborhood is in the Cuthbertson cluster right now (was Weddington prior). There is a pool, clubhouse and tennis courts. There are two price points, generally depending on the lot size. It is also currently a full brick neighborhood. Shea is still building in there right now.

Old 04-09-2013, 09:15 PM

19 posts, read 46,171 times
Thanks for all the information, will have to give them a call

Old 04-11-2013, 09:07 AM
cpw

85 posts, read 162,113 times
Shea was not the land developer originally, but bought the land and now is both builder and developer, so that's why there is life there again. It's a great spot and excellent price point for full brick and amenities. We are building there right now.

Last edited by cpw; 04-11-2013 at 09:08 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 04-11-2013, 12:44 PM

7,672 posts, read 12,833,507 times
Is this the Hollister that is somewhat across the street from Weddington High on Weddington Road? And mere minutes from the elementary and middle school? And yet they have to go to Cutherbertson? Yikes.

Old 04-11-2013, 01:04 PM

5,461 posts, read 6,069,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momtothree View Post
Is this the Hollister that is somewhat across the street from Weddington High on Weddington Road? And mere minutes from the elementary and middle school? And yet they have to go to Cutherbertson? Yikes.

The main entrance to Hollister is on Lester Davis Rd. It is mere minutes from several schools.

Old 04-14-2013, 07:07 AM
cpw

85 posts, read 162,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkspyder View Post
We were down in the area looking at all the subdivisions, trying to figure out what would work best for my family. But for some reason I totally missed Hollister, not sure why. If felt like we looked at all of them. Curious, how many homes in Hollister, if there is new construction, what are the amentities, what ever information would be great! My 11 year old who only wears Hollister, would love to tell there friends in NY that we are moving to Hollister....LOL

Thanks

There will be about 200 homes when complete. Amenities include pool, tennis, playground, sport court, and trails. Yes, there is new construction. There are about two resales on the market right now, but honestly it is more cost effective to buy new in Hollister, although some of the original homes have some nice upgrades if that is of interest to you.

Old 04-14-2013, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by getatag View Post
The main entrance to Hollister is on Lester Davis Rd. It is mere minutes from several schools.
Oh okay, then I guess I drive past the back.entrance on weddington road.

Old 04-14-2013, 01:21 PM

5,461 posts, read 6,069,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momtothree View Post
Oh okay, then I guess I drive past the back.entrance on weddington road.
Original developer thought they'd drive up the lot/house prices by installing a back entrance close to the Weddington Cluster and stay mapped to those schools while the great majority of it's houses were closer to the main entrance nearest to the new cluster of Cuthbertson. In the long run, all the money for the entrance was ill spent, the Cuthbertson cluster schools have turned out to be just as desirable as Weddington.
Many of the original homeowners petitioned the school system to remain in Weddington during the redistricting for Cuthbertson. As it turns out, most of those homeowners are very happy at Cuthbertson and look back on their petitioning with a bit of regret in light of how well it all turned out.

Old 04-15-2013, 05:34 AM

Oh don't get me wrong, I was in no way comparing the schools. Justthe irony in being across the street from the schools and not being zoned for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: